The Student Room Group

Who would you rather have in power, the EDL or MDL.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Fides
Wonder how many people are taking into account what the EDL actually say, or are they just stereotyping the racist football hooligan?

Watched the interview of their leader with Paxman their main message was that they are against extremist Islam, which i am sure most people here are actually against.

But most people here will unfortunately take into account class and appearance and have skewed perspectives as usual.

Paxman was all over that guy in that interview. Just had to keep repeating the number of sharia courts in the UK and couldn't respond to his questions properly. The EDL gives people who are concerned about militant Islam a bad name.
Reply 41
As crazy as they both are, EDL.
Reply 42
Original post by tjf8
Paxman was all over that guy in that interview. Just had to keep repeating the number of sharia courts in the UK and couldn't respond to his questions properly. The EDL gives people who are concerned about militant Islam a bad name.

Yes fair enough they are not the best to present views against it. Atleast you know what they actually say though.
Reply 43
Can't think of any worse group than the MDL (or similar) in power.
Reply 44
Original post by Steevee
Are you serious? The Daily Mail doesn't outright lie, the worst they have are normally small factually inaccuracies in celebrity pieces, if you actually bothered to look into it rather than listen to hysteria you'd know that. What the DM does have is normally an unabashed agenda, but bias is not lieing, to equate them only makes you look silly, as the Guardian has just the same amount of bias.

Their "small factual inaccuracies" pervade everything they print, not just the fluff stuff. I seriously worry about the mental health of anyone who would defend the Daily Mail.
Original post by Fides
Because protests are an important part of stating what people are against? What an odd thing to get picky over.

And your full stopped statement is just what the majority of the people think. Like i said before, I gave the interview on what they said they are against, so you just full stopping me by saying a statement that only holds ground over peoples ignorance on the subject means nothing to me.

No, protests are an important part of showing people who either don't know, or don't care about, what you are against. It's moronic to protest things that are universally hated already. The exact reason why we don't have anti-murder marches etc.

Similarly, that last paragraph means nothing to me - what with it being close to incomprehensible! And what the leader says to the BBC is irrelevant, you'll notice the BNP also attempts to gain legitimacy by claiming various things. It's what they actually do that matters, and nothing I've seen on them (regardless of whether it's a big media conspiracy and I've only seen the bad stuff they do, not the good stuff) backs up your view that they only oppose radical Islam.
Reply 46
Original post by Rant
Their "small factual inaccuracies" pervade everything they print, not just the fluff stuff. I seriously worry about the mental health of anyone who would defend the Daily Mail.

Not so much, they just tend to print a lot of conjecture which is not the same I'm afraid, no matter how much you want it to be.
Reply 47
Original post by prog2djent

Neither, though I wouldn't mind UKIP
Original post by prog2djent

The EDL are not scholars, business men or professionals and they are very rough, unsophisticated, loud etc.

But they deserve to be respected as a grassroots movement that opposes the changes that have happened to this country through mass immigration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending