North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

PGCE Interview for Primary Education at Birmingham City University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi suzi :smile:

im Bianca! I went to the open day Friday and got my results too! They were ok. I know I'm dreading the possibility of travelling 90 miles too. I live in Wales and am looking for somewhere to live in Birmingham now!! Have you passed your skills tests? I've got my maths one left. Failed the last one as I was so nervous!! Hoping I pass now as I'm scared about the 3 go rule!! Xx
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
I've passed both of my skills tests, I did the Literacy back in February as soon as I started getting interview offers, but put the Maths off right until last minute! I'm quite good at mental arithmetic so didn't struggle, but a few people I know failed first time, at least you know what to expect now. I kind of recommend jotting all the info down when she first reads it then working it out then because the time limit is so short! I went blank a couple of times and just had to forget about it and move on. I found the second part easy after doing the four online tests so if you get full marks in the second bit you can get more mental ones wrong :tongue: I went through 5 whiteboards, he only gave me 2 to start with and I was like uhhhhhh never gonna be enough.
I don't believe having a good grasp of mental arithmetic makes you a good teacher though, the tests are too difficult for us primary teachers!
My friend and I are looking for places to live in Birmingham too and it's a nightmare, I live in Sheffield so going for viewings will be tricky with my full time job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending