The Student Room Group

Dropping out of sixth form

So heres the dilemma, I had around 20 odd days of absence from my first year in sixth form, and I've missed a great deal of work which needs to be completed independently (roughly 80-100 hours) while taking on board what I already am doing and completing what I receive from there.

Basically, I'm in school till 8-6 every day and I have to complete everything else I wont be allowed to sit my exams (my Exams have been pulled to June).

Now that my exams are in June, all the work I'm currently doing must be revised for independently before the exams (AS English, History, GEO, R.E) while doing the coursework and exams I have in June, basically doing two completely different things at once.

It's not an issue whether Im capable of it, my recent assessment showed I've got BBBA, without much effort (no arrogance intended Im trying to be honest) and I feel that although I want to do it and give it my shot, ultimately if I mess up in June those results stay with me forever.

The proposition I received from them was quite simply this;
you can stay and do your exams in june
or
You can leave and apply to another sixth from college.

What are your honest opinions guys? Like really honestly, Im not exactly stupid, its just my absence thats let me down, but then again if I'm studying for two things at once and independently studying for 4 exams, how am I going to cope with the amount of information I need to know to A standard? And how easy would it be for me to find another college or sixth form, or would dropping out make it harder for me to find one?
Reply 1
I'd stay and sit your exams in June. The worse that can happen is you fail them and have to reset a year, but with grades like BBBA it's hardly a worry I imagine. Coursework doesn't require that much time to complete, trusts me when you are actually working it goes a lot faster than you imagine. Let's say even if it is 100 hours of work, if you do 4 hours work per day on it, over the holiday period and weekends you can get it all done within 24 days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending