The Student Room Group

Birmingham Grammar Sixth Forms

Hey, I am planning to apply to grammar sixth forms this year, to study AS levels in Biology, Maths, Chemistry and Religious Studies.

I am hoping to apply to King Edwards Camp Hill Girls, Sutton Grammar Girls and King Edwards Handsworth.

My predicted grades are:
A-- English Lit
A-- Maths
A-- Science
A-- Additional Science
A-- Religious Studies
B-- French
B-- History
Distinction-- Business Studies (Double Award)
Distinction-- ICT (Double Award)
Distinction-- BTEC PE (Double Award)

I have achieved a B in English Language

I am hoping to achieve higher than these grades and try to aim all A*s and A's.

Are my grades sufficient enough for me to achieve a place in one of the above mentioned grammar sixth forms?
Reply 1
somebody please answer!!!!
Reply 2
Your subject choices are cooool! ....only because they're my first choice picks for AS too :P

About your predicted grades if your confident you can achieve A's-A*s put that into practise with your mocks and send those results of with your app while also mentioning that your predicted grades are not an accurate reflection of what you think your capable of getting(with your mock results as proof) :smile:

I think with your grades as they are , youd have some tough competition to get into any of those schools you mentioned.
Reply 3
Hey,
im in year 11 at CH, and have to say, although your grades are good, they are quite probably not good enough to get in at sixth form. It's really difficult to gain a place because current students get preference anyway so there is barely any places for externals. Another thing is three of your chosen subjects are biology, chem and maths. Sadly, this means you are less likely to be accepted because many people do these subjects already and CH particularly look for externals NOT doing those subjects.

good luck with whatever you end up doing.
Reply 4
this is making me so sad!!!

would it make a difference if i swapped psychology with physics
Reply 5
Do you mean swapping RS with physics AS?
i don't see a mention of psychology...

Anyway, if you mean physics, chem, bio and maths at as level. That would make it harder, not easier. Thats the combination of subjects which quite a few students study at CH (hopefully including myself next year) so yeah.

Don't be sad, there are other sixth forms. And you can still try to apply, obviously I don't know everything about admissions.
Reply 6
You could also try Bishop Vesey - they accept girls in sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending