The Student Room Group

Multiple pairs of tights/leggings

Anyone ever wear more than one pair of leggings/tights either together or under jeans/trousers etc for the cold weather how many do you wear?
Reply 1
Two, sometimes with long socks underneath :tongue: it's cold in Scotland!
Reply 2
YES!!! In winter I never wear just one pair of tights! And I don't even own any "regular" thin types that most girls wear. It's like having bare legs! WHY?! I wear these fleece-lined ones from Primark, super warm! I have 3 pairs of those, a pair of grey cable knit ones, and stone colour cable knit, and some thick brown ones with pattern, and some brown angora wool ones from M&S which are SO SOFT! So I generally just wear two out of the above selection. I actually find two pairs of woolly tights much warmer than jeans.

Wearing tights under jeans though - no way. I tried it once and it was horrific. It makes your jeans stick to you when you move and...ughhhh I just get claustrophobic.
Reply 3
School uniform skirts in winter were the worst, especially when having them any longer than mid-thigh got you automatically labeled as some kind of social pariah. :s-smilie: There were a few weeks in February 2010 where I wore three pairs of tights at once, my mum got so confused doing the washing, bless her.
I don't wear tights anyway but I've worn leggings under jeans a few times before & found it a bit restrictive. It has to be seriously cold before I wear multiple layers- I'm wearing skirts most of the time & usually a pair of boots and/ or long socks are enough. If I cover them I'll normally wear either jeans or leggings.

School uniform skirts in winter were the worst, especially when having them any longer than mid-thigh got you automatically labeled as some kind of social pariah. There were a few weeks in February 2010 where I wore three pairs of tights at once, my mum got so confused doing the washing, bless her.

I find tights pretty uncomfortable as it is & can't imagine wearing 3 pairs of them. When I was at school I wore my skirt with bare legs all year round. I was freezing at the time but I gradually got used to feeling the cold against my legs which is why it doesn't bother me now.

Quick Reply

Latest