The Student Room Group

i wish my housemate would die

Tells people i keep her up at 3am. I don't, i have a boring routine of being up at 7am and asleep by 11:30-12. Copied my work (i thought i'd be a good housemate and friend and help her), and now thinks shes ****ing amazing, when all she's doing is re-using my old, recycled trash. Moans that people dont clean, but she leaves ****ing mass amounts of empty boxes and plastic in the kitchen because shes too retarded to figure out how to recycle properly. Literally will talk at you for 2 hours (not an exaggeration) about how amazing her work is, how great she is, her life, how great her brother is (you'd think they were shagging or something), and how shes the best in her class. Asks so many ****ing stupid questions "ohhh how do i get lecturers to like me???" dont act like a **** (a stretch for her). Moves peoples cutlery outside !!! and on the floor. Involves herself in everything, even if its not a conversation with her, she'll but in. I cant even have friends over properly because she'll talk at them to the point of them wanting to leave.

I realise noone will be able to give me a good enough solution, but i needed to rant.

Scroll to see replies

wow it doesn't take much to have death wished upon you these days...
Reply 2
Original post by bananaslug77

You don't understand........
Reply 3
Try telling her this?
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, I do because I've lived with loads of different people of all kinds of personality.

Instead of bottling it up, try sitting her down and telling her that you're not happy with the way she behaves.

It's awkward as ****, believe me, but it's better for both of you in the long run.
Reply 5
Original post by Denacio
Try telling her this?

I have about certain things, but how can i tell them to change their entire personality.

Yes, I do because I've lived with loads of different people of all kinds of personality.

Instead of bottling it up, try sitting her down and telling her that you're not happy with the way she behaves.

It's awkward as ****, believe me, but it's better for both of you in the long run.

How can i tell someone to change their whole personality?
Reply 6
Just **** in her bed and be done with it.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd tell her she's a **** when she's doing that.

For example: when shed ask a stupid question like ''why don't fairies exist or something?'' I'd just be like ''you're a ****, you know that''

That way it won't be awkward, plus she may start getting a hint.

If nothing else works, use the same/similar tactics on her. That's normally what I do when I get frustrated with people. They normally change or stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What a bitch, copying you then saying shes amazing, constantly putting her problems on you, I think shes a manipulative little bitch, I hope I don't have to share a room with anyone.
Reply 9
She has a very high horse,start working on breaking the horses leg. Sly little put downs every now and again. I would put a sign up on back door saying "her name has decided we are to eat outside now,please do not eat inside like you are her equal" If she boasts about her brother "he sounds amazing,the kind of guy a girl could marry....shame you've snapped him up" Keep it up and try and get the other housemates to do it,her spirit will break in time :smile:

You're such a nice person
Reply 11
Ugh I hate people who involve themselves in your business.

Me: Yeah, I'm planning to travel around in Europe for a bit some day with my fiancé and mates from home
Him: OHMYGOD we are going to have SO MUCH FUN. We can go here and here and here and and
Me: What I've only known you for about 4 weeks, who even are you

He was also supposedly "AMAZEBALLS" at everything.

Annoying thing is he actually was one of those guys who could pull and all nighter every single time and get a first every single time. :facepalm:

I was just jealous.

are you kidding? i'd want to kick her head in too.
Reply 13
Omg thankyou for understanding ! i genuinley thought i might be going mad and over-reacting, but can people see why i hate her?

Im sorry but the ****ing massive list speaks for itself. Would you like to live with a lieing, attention seeker, arrogant, interfering ****er like this?
Reply 14
You should never wish death upon someone for something so minor. I understand you're upset but you are going to come across all types of people in your life time, good ones and bad. You just got a bit unlucky that is all.
Reply 15
Original post by MancBoy
You should never wish death upon someone for something so minor. I understand you're upset but you are going to come across all types of people in your life time, good ones and bad. You just got a bit unlucky that is all.

MINOR? this is not minor...
Reply 16
bit extreme don't ya think??
MINOR? this is not minor...

Yes. Meanwhile you're wishing death upon your flatmate because she's arrogant, hypocritical and puts cutlery on the floor and doesn't clean up after herself; people are being domestically abused by their partners who they can't find the strength to leave or can't see a way out; girls are being sexually abused by their fathers; people are being genitally mutilated for sleeping with a member of the opposite sex, or being killed for not memorising a book.

On the scale of "things which earn death wishes" this is definitely minor.
Reply 18
Original post by Hello Laura!
I had a very similar flatmate once. It was a nightmare.

Was watching QI with some friends in the living room and she came in, changed the channel and left the room. Why?

And she was the best at everything in life too.

I sympathise fully.

And we could not come up with a solution. She eventually moved out though, so just keep hinting that she should go...

What on earth? Why did she do that? Didn't you chase after her and say why?
She sounds incredibly irritating, but not deserving of death. I think you're being a tad harsh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending