The Student Room Group

Census: from 2001-2011, Muslims have almost doubled from 1.5 million to 2.7 million

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silverbolt
*snigger - as someone who has worked in a GUM clinic i know thats a load of bull - especially amongst muslim men who are quite partial to paying an extra £20 to not wrap it up.

IF you say so. Even if what you said was truth (which I know isn't), this is based on your experience in a smaller environment.

The stats/study is based on a wider scale.
Reply 41
Original post by Perseveranze
And Muslims don't have much to do with this, I mean,

Murder - No
Rape - No
Shariah Law - Yeah, but this is just based on you having misconceptions on it. Otherwise, no one's forcing it on you.
Poverty - No lol
Unemployed - No again. But, if this was true, then it would be on Islamophobia/discrimination.
More terror suspects living in UK - Every Muslims a terror suspect to you bigots.
Cover ups - Not really, most of the media's against Muslims.
Benefits - Nope. But thanks if this is true :biggrin:
Less taxes paid - Nope.

Rather by having more Muslims in ratio, we have;

- Less alcoholics getting drunk and killing themselves and others. Muslims don't really drink alcohol, which is almost apart of British culture (and its death).
- Less druggies; same as above
- Less gamblers, resulting in less lives being ruined (depression etc.); same as above
- Less prostitutes - No Muslim would go to them, so less business and more self respect :smile:
- Less murders and crimes in general (Provided the UK doesn't continue its discrimination such as; "oh look, he has a beard, lets do a search on him or pin him for some random crime")
- Less invasions (Muslims would put more pressure on the UK to not interfere in the MiddleEast)
- Less terrorist attacks (based on the above)
- Less suicides/depression and instead a more persistent/survival attitude;

- Less cheating on partners (it will reflect better on British society, since Muslims are amongst the least to have extra-marital sex)

- Less STD's/Deseases being transmitted; Since Muslims don't go around sleeping with a new partner every month, it will reduce the overall risks for new deseases.
- Less justification of killing civilians;

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/08/a-fascinating-look-at-the-political-views-of-muslim-americans/242975/

And thus, less likely to support wars.

I can just keep going on tbh.

We forbid the evil and enjoin the good, you should be thanking us. :biggrin:

Why are Muslim people moving to UK if its so terrible?

Why does nobody want to live in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia if a higher %age of Muslim people = what you say it does...
Reply 42
And Muslims don't have much to do with this, I mean,

Murder - No
Rape - No
Shariah Law - Yeah, but this is just based on you having misconceptions on it. Otherwise, no one's forcing it on you.
Poverty - No lol
Unemployed - No again. But, if this was true, then it would be on Islamophobia/discrimination.
More terror suspects living in UK - Every Muslims a terror suspect to you bigots.
Cover ups - Not really, most of the media's against Muslims.
Benefits - Nope. But thanks if this is true :biggrin:
Less taxes paid - Nope.

Isn't this forced onto all children born into Muslim families?
Reply 43
Hmmm..apart from immigration and births to Muslim families, there must have been a significant amount of conversions to Islam too. Ask yourself: why would Westerners turn to a so-called 'backward' religion when Western culture gives them all the 'freedom' they need to live happy fulfilling lives?

I wish i could explain why, but read this book, it'll explain to you waaaay better than i ever could why there are more Muslims, not just in the UK but all over the world.

The Road to Mecca, by Muhammad Asad (Leopold Weiss), first published in 1954

http://kep.org.sa/new/library/The_Road_to_makkah.pdf

"..All this pointed to far more than a mere outward accommodation
of a European to a Muslim community in which he happened to
live: it rather indicated a conscious, wholehearted transference of
allegiance from one cultural environment to another, entirely
different one. And this appeared very strange to most of my
Western friends. They could not quite picture to themselves how a
man of Western birth and upbringing could have so fully, and
apparently with no mental reservations whatever, identified himself
with the Muslim world; how it had been possible for him to
exchange his Western cultural heritage for that of Islam; and what
it was that had made him accept a religious and social ideology
which - they seemed to take for granted - was vastly inferior to all
European concepts.
Now why, I asked myself, should my Western friends take this so
readily for granted ? Had any of them ever really bothered to gain a
direct insight into Islam - or were their opinions based merely on
the handful of cliches and distorted notions that had been handed
down to them from previous generations ?" page 5

The author, a European Jew, was influenced by LIVING with Muslims in Muslim countries with an Islamic environment, but today, Muslims living in the west have been influenced by western culture. Don't judge Islam by the acts of 'modern' Muslims, just read this book and you'll see what i mean :biggrin:
Original post by DorianGrayism
No, not foolish at all.

If they keep on doubling every ten years , then in 50 years time, they will be 150% of the population.

I dont think you understand statistics.
Original post by Ch1pp0
Isn't this forced onto all children born into Muslim families?

The same way Atheism, Christianity, Judaism and any other teaching a child gets from their parents is enforced? Then yeah.
Original post by lonelyknight
I find that pretty scary to be honest. It is, admittedly, only a slight increase, especially in comparison to atheists, but still. I don't care if I'm negged for this, but I wholeheartedly believe that Muslims have no place in Britain. That has never been our country's culture, it offers no benefits whatsoever to our country, it makes a laugh of our dress codes (when a uniform is required, but Muslims are allowed to wear scarves? Give me a break) and frankly I have no patience for it.

No doubt this makes me a racist or a "Muslimist", but that's my view.

You had no place in their countries

Oh wait
Reply 47
*snigger - as someone who has worked in a GUM clinic i know thats a load of bull - especially amongst muslim men who are quite partial to paying an extra £20 to not wrap it up.

Lol have you been seeing any yourself? "£20 to not cover it up" this statement makes it look as though you are well informed on the prices these prostitutes charge.
Reply 48
Original post by Joeman560
More rapes
More murders (inb4 not only muslims rape and murder. I'm aware thanks)
More Sharia law
More terror threats
More poverty
More unemployed
More terror suspects being allowed to live in Britain
More cover ups
More benefits handed out
Less tax payed

Multiculturalism is great :gthumb:

EDIT: If you're gonna neg back it up bitch

You do realize that you didn't back up any of your claims either, right?

Tis rather ironic.
Reply 49

Lol have you been seeing any yourself? "£20 to not cover it up" this statement makes it look as though you are well informed on the prices these prostitutes charge.
Original post by Joeman560
More rapes
More murders (inb4 not only muslims rape and murder. I'm aware thanks)
More Sharia law
More terror threats
More poverty
More unemployed
More terror suspects being allowed to live in Britain
More cover ups
More benefits handed out
Less tax payed

Multiculturalism is great :gthumb:

EDIT: If you're gonna neg back it up bitch

:lolwut: Dafuq this to do with the increase in muslims? There was an increase in non muslims too.
Reply 51
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Typically islamists and terrorists have been grromed within the mosque, so i dont beleive that for a second. the mosque is the recrutiing ground for extremists. The police got very little help in tracking down info about the 7/7 bombers and the later attempt from local communities and the mosque which was well documented.

th epoin tis the radicalised muslims are all influenced by quotes from hadith and the quran, whcih is basically, islam in entirety. But no muslim will comment on this point. There is no doubt there are influenced by islam - all muslims take islam far too seriously whether they are being radicalised or discussing a subject on tsr.

Why are your posts always in an angry tone? Practice love man.
Reply 52
The same way Atheism, Christianity, Judaism and any other teaching a child gets from their parents is enforced? Then yeah.

No, because I was raised as a Christian but I was always free to leave.

Doesn't Sharia law say apostates should be killed.

(To people who've seen it a million times, 'I'm sorry'. But this example just springs to mind so readily.)
Reply 53
Original post by demise
source.

With all the fuss about the decline in those who identify as 'christian' and the large rise in those with 'no religion', there has been less focus on the fact that muslims have been the largest growing religion in england and wales, rising from 3.0 per cent in 2001 to 4.8 per cent in 2011. islam seems to have prospered through this growing trend of having no religion.

Why do you think this is? Immigration? Births into muslim families? Conversions?

What effect do you think this will have?

And will this be a consistent rise every ten years or do you think it is foolish to predict religious demographics?

terrifying
We forbid the evil and enjoin the good, you should be thanking us. :biggrin:

Nice holier than thou speech. Thanks for tarnishing a large part of the population with the same brush. Calling me evil for drinking, smoking, ****ing and all the other things I enjoy is just as bad as me saying you're a terrorist.

'We forbid the evil' is the problem with Islam. Your concept of evil is in no way related to the society we live in. It's intolerant of things you don't want to accept.

**** that.

I have no problem with Muslims, just intolerance like you're displaying.
Original post by Ch1pp0

(To people who've seen it a million times, 'I'm sorry'. But this example just springs to mind so readily.)

Shariah law is man made, it isn't the divine word of God and isn't accepted by every Muslim. The Qur'an however, is and says that there should be no compulsion in religion. Forcing Islam on people is not justified in Islam.
Original post by Ch1pp0

Ok, which apostate in the UK have you ever seen killed for leaving Islam?
Praise science! Non religion has doubled!

The UK just took a step forward!

*Cough* Uganda took 5 steps back *Cough*
Original post by khala
This is very true, the same thing happened 50yrs ago to the blacks in USA even their cartoons had strong misconceptions about blacks to say the least... Its such propaganda.

Stuff like this exist way before the mid 20th century - when ever there is a majority and minority you get this type of BS.

The thing is most people know the media stereotypes are sometimes based on misconceptions, but they still believe it blindly anyway, so yes propaganda is to blame, but I feel many secretly agree with all the stuff they hear about the so-called "minority groups" in the UK. Sad really...
Original post by KrisCussans
Praise science! Non religion has doubled!

The UK just took a step forward!

*Cough* Uganda took 5 steps back *Cough*

Why do people always assume atheism and science go handed in hand, so people's atheism may have stemmed from science, but many people's don't - most are in the middle. Oh and their are those that believe in science and our theist...

Oh live and let live what Uganda chooses to do is their business, although, I strongly disagree with the new law, but feeling superior when we are not perfect ourselves is pretty self-righteous ans stuck-up...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending