The Student Room Group

Census: from 2001-2011, Muslims have almost doubled from 1.5 million to 2.7 million

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Fusion
Studies often show 2nd generation mulsims are often more devout than their parents

Even so its well known as people get richer they become less religious and have less children. Can you link those studies please?
Original post by sissoko46
I am sorry but no way would these sex workers discuss their fees with a non-customer. So then how many prostitutes have you been with lately?

Actually yes they do, its something they discuss with the health workers who help them, part of the work by the NHS is to be as knowledgeable as possible as regards the industry

As for your question - bitch please - i dont need to pay for it. :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by United4prem
I will.

delusion.

That's not proof. That's your opinion, and your opinion doesn't change history,hence you're wrong. Again, I ask for your proof
Reply 83
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Fixed.

Most are generally apathetic about religion and/or the existence of God or aren't willing to explore the idea one way or another for fear of tackling issues of identities (perhaps because of older relatives who still adhere to a religion they don't). In any case, I don't think we're seeing a generation of strict Dawkins-style atheists, but rather non-religious folk who'd identify under a number of banners like atheism, agnosticism and even CofE/Judaism.

Very true. I am 'non-religious', but I would identify myself as culturally Christian and I certainly don't think that God is non-existent.
Reply 84
Original post by navarre
Very true. I am 'non-religious', but I would identify myself as culturally Christian and I certainly don't think that God is non-existent.

Is that not like saying I don't believe in Santa but I can't wait until he comes on Christmas?
Reply 85
You know, it really is a wonder that so many Muslims come to Britain to live and raise their families if our way of life is so immoral. Can an immigrant of the Islamic persuasion please explain this to me? Why are you here?
Reply 86
And yet the government still insists on trying to force gay marriage on Christians whilst letting every other religion do what they like at the same time as arguing they should be represented in the House of Lords...
(mostly the Lib Dems of course)
Reply 87
Original post by Tycho
Is that not like saying I don't believe in Santa but I can't wait until he comes on Christmas?

No. It means I don't belong to any organized religion and that organized religion does not appeal to me as the 'Truth' TM.
Original post by Fusion
Studies often show 2nd generation mulsims are often more devout than their parents

{{citation needed}}
Reply 89
Original post by Aj12
Even so its well known as people get richer they become less religious and have less children. Can you link those studies please?

That might be the case in for non-muslims but I don't think it is the case for muslims. If you look at the richest muslim countries, Saudi Arabia, qatar etc... peole here are extremeley wealthy but they are not less religous they don't have smaller families infact in islam the richer you are the more wives you can have because in order to have multiple wives you have to be able to afford to support them.

If christianity keeps declining in this country Islam will keep expanding (not through conversion but birth rate).

Militant atheists like Richard Dawkins want to destroy christianity in this country but as a zoologist he should know that when a niche is vacated by one thing it will quickly be filled by a rival.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
The growing amount of Muslims is just half the trouble. Their growing political influence scares me more. In Germany they already forced authorities to organize lessons of Islam at schools so Germans could learn how to live the way Islam sees it. And I've heard that Islam lobbyists from the Muslim Council of Britain want to use experience of Germany and force British people to visit lessons of tolerance where we should learn how to behave according to Islam and not insult Muslims! Can you imagine that? Why not creating special programs for Muslims who will learn to live like we do? They came here and now they want to erase our history and traditions because they consider them insulting? They already completely got everything under and they want even more... to force us dancing after their pipe. I won't wonder when Muslims will demand all British citizens to live in reservation or leave Britain...
Reply 91
Does it matter?
Original post by Demise
Source.
there has been less focus on the fact that Muslims have been the largest growing religion in England and Wales, rising from 3.0 per cent in 2001 to 4.8 per cent in 2011.

fuck-yeah-aww-yeah-l.png
Original post by Tycho
You know, it really is a wonder that so many Muslims come to Britain to live and raise their families if our way of life is so immoral. Can an immigrant of the Islamic persuasion please explain this to me? Why are you here?

Because... 42

Srs, I was born here and Im not an immigrant so screw you. Just because I happen to have heritage from another country, I happen to be able to speak another language, I happen to be a different colour and a different religion, it doesn't make me an immigrant

Besides, the latest figures would show that Muslims in the UK are the most patriotic in all of Europe, and not people who hate it, like you'd have yourself believe by reading articles from the DM and the like
Reply 94
Original post by de_monies

Srs, I was born here and Im not an immigrant so screw you.

"Can an immigrant of the Islamic persuasion please explain this to me?"
Wonder if they'll try and stop polio vaccinations in the UK...
Reply 96
Original post by de_monies
Because... 42

Srs, I was born here and Im not an immigrant so screw you. Just because I happen to have heritage from another country, I happen to be able to speak another language, I happen to be a different colour and a different religion, it doesn't make me an immigrant

Besides, the latest figures would show that Muslims in the UK are the most patriotic in all of Europe, and not people who hate it, like you'd have yourself believe by reading articles from the DM and the like

Read my question more carefully. I asked if an immigrant can explain it... not just any indigenous British Muslim. Obviously if you were born in Britain then that explains why you're here. My question was directed at those who come to Britain from other countries and then come on to a forum like TSR to tell everyone how awful we are.
Reply 97
Original post by Tycho
Read my question more carefully. I asked if an immigrant can explain it... not just any indigenous British Muslim. Obviously if you were born in Britain then that explains why you're here. My question was directed at those who come to Britain from other countries and then come on to a forum like TSR to tell everyone how awful we are.

It's an excellent question, but the answer is almost self-evident when you consider there is a pattern. The most common non-UK countries of birth for usual residents of England and Wales in 2011 were India, Poland and Pakistan. The reason? Immigrants see Western nations as more prosperous and thus better opportunities to earn a better living, especially given the realisation that academic achievement is increasingly more important. It is often easier for working class people from these nations to have social elevation [into the middle class] by migrating to the West than remaining at home.

Having said that, for everyone that does make the decision you should also consider how many refuse the chance because of their concerns of the cultural differences they would expose to their children.
The higher the proportion of Muslims to native british / Europeans, the worst that our society becomes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending