Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Java and Flickr - Help with Inheritance between Main Class and sub-class

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

I have been doing a small program which can help user search general photos by keywords and can retrieve most recent general uploads from Flickr.

I created 4 classes:

testUserInterface => to build all components for interface.

testSearch => inherits interface from testUserInterface and build event action when user clicks on button start and button exit.

PhotoFinder => get connection to Flickr.

Link to view my code of PhotoFinder

PhotoPanel => displays photos on this panel.

Link to view my code of PhotoPanel

When I select sub-menu "Search Photos" from class testUserInterface, a search panel is displayed with textfield and 2 buttons, start and exit.

However, a problem occurs when I clicks start button (after entering a specific keyword).
    all photos which relates to the keyword is not shown.
    and I got problem with sub-menu instead in line 180.

The errors are shown below:

PHP Code:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastExceptionjavax.swing.JButton cannot be cast to javax.swing.JMenuItem at testUserInterface.actionPerformed(testUserInterfac e.java:180at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Abs tractButton.java:2018at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed (AbstractButton.java:2341at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (DefaultButtonModel.java:402at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultB uttonModel.java:259at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseRe leased(BasicButtonListener.java:252at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.jav a:6505at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponen t.java:3321at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:627 0at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:222 9at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.jav a:4861at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.jav a:2287at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:46 87at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEventContainer.java:4832at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(C ontainer.java:4492at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Conta iner.java:4422at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.jav a:2273at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:46 87at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.j ava:723at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:682at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:680at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Methodat java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:696at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:694at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Methodat java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java693at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(EventDispatchThread.java:244at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(E ventDispatchThread.java:163at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(EventDispatchThread.java:151at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:147at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:139at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java:97
    Please help me out with the problem, it drives me crazy (TT)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 14, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.