The Student Room Group

Wrong address on tenancy agreement, does that make it invalid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tycho
I don't disagree with what you've said. But there is a difference between a typo and the contract completely containing the wrong information. If it contains the wrong address, then this could be used along with some of their other failings (which the OP needs to substantiate) to cancel the contract. The agency may well take the OP to court, but they may decide against it too. If they have failed miserably on a number of their promises then they may lose the case, and they know it.

Could you point me in the direction of some sort of legal authority for this? Which case of statute are you relying upon?
I think his habit of saying "believe you me" is because nobody believes what he spouts anymore....
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 22
I was shown a apartment last week which was big and today I got the keys to the apartment and it's not the one I looked at with the letting agents contract already signed what can I do ?
I'm in a similar situation privert landlord and wrong address on tendency agreement changed it so we could claim universal credit then soon as the tendency needed renewed back to the incorrect address refusing to change it very lack of comunication lots of problems in property. Apparently we can claim back all rent paid at this property since address was wrong
Help please. I signed a lease contract for: 1547 B Sherman Street Room 1....Later I found that the only registered address is: 1547 Sherman Street...I asked for a new contract to correct the address. The landlord would not make me the new lease. Can the landlord sue me for vacating the lease and occupied property and not pay the remainder promised time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending