The Student Room Group

Caribbean Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aalightburn
Anyone actually born and raised in the Caribbean from this thread? I wanted to find people to relate when I move to the UK for school, but so far from what I've read most people seem to be British and have been living there for some time.:frown:

I've been born and raised in the Caribbean, still living here actually :smile:
Anyone actually born and raised in the Caribbean from this thread? I wanted to find people to relate when I move to the UK for school, but so far from what I've read most people seem to be British and have been living there for some time.:frown:

Hi! Born and raised in the Cayman Islands, I got a spanish background from my parents but still. I'm heading off to uni in sept in the UK, so I guess we can somewhat relate. :smile:
British born Grenadian :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alanisita
Hi! Born and raised in the Cayman Islands, I got a spanish background from my parents but still. I'm heading off to uni in sept in the UK, so I guess we can somewhat relate. :smile:

Awesome!:biggrin: It's not strange for people to be of Spanish/Hispanic background to me because I'm from Belize, so we're also Central American and quite mixed up. Where are you going to study?

Original post by Arieisit
I've been born and raised in the Caribbean, still living here actually :smile:

Woohoo! Are you planning on going to the UK for school? I'm still in the Caribbean as well.. Just waiting for September to roll along…:tongue:

Woohoo! Are you planning on going to the UK for school? I'm still in the Caribbean as well.. Just waiting for September to roll along…:tongue:

Yeah, I plan on going to Durham from October :biggrin:
Awesome!:biggrin: It's not strange for people to be of Spanish/Hispanic background to me because I'm from Belize, so we're also Central American and quite mixed up. Where are you going to study?

Phew! haha that's great! I'm fluent in Spanish anyway :cool:
I'm planning to study either in Sheffield Uni or Durham Uni. Depending on my grades of course. :colondollar: How about you?
Original post by Arieisit
Yeah, I plan on going to Durham from October :biggrin:

Oh cool, I might too! :tongue:
Original post by Alanisita
Phew! haha that's great! I'm fluent in Spanish anyway :cool:
I'm planning to study either in Sheffield Uni or Durham Uni. Depending on my grades of course. :colondollar: How about you?

Whoa! I'm not going anywhere as fancy as Durham ahaha.:tongue: I'm going to Plymouth University. :smile: I hope you get into them!
Whoa! I'm not going anywhere as fancy as Durham ahaha.:tongue: I'm going to Plymouth University. :smile: I hope you get into them!

Thanks! A friend of mine is at Plymouth and she loves it!! Coming from a small island where we're from, she said it wasn't as a big transition :wink:
Hey there I was born and raised in the virgin islands. Moved to the UK in 2012 for Uni
LAAAAAAWWWWWD....Counting the days now to get back home... Man I miss the islands. Going to definitely do some island jumping this summer.
LAAAAAAWWWWWD....Counting the days now to get back home... Man I miss the islands. Going to definitely do some island jumping this summer.

I know the feeling cant wait to eat some island food and fresh fruits straight from the tree
Yayy! A TSR Caribbean thread! Let's attempt to revive it.
I'm from Barbados and looking to go to King's in London in 2015 but that it subject to change.
Original post by Nuclear_Penguin
Yayy! A TSR Caribbean thread! Let's attempt to revive it.
I'm from Barbados and looking to go to King's in London in 2015 but that it subject to change.

Nice. What are you planning to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiesonn
Nice. What are you planning to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography, What about you?
Original post by Nuclear_Penguin
Geography, What about you?

Oh kool, I'm studying Economics at BCU
Happy Independence Day my fellow Belizeans.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Happy Independence Day my fellow Belizeans.

are you belizean?! :O :O
are you belizean?! :O :O

One side of my family is, the other is English/Irish (just seen your above post, I wasn't raised in the Caribbean sorry :biggrin:).

Are you?

Quick Reply

Latest