The Student Room Group

Pansexual Muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by zippy100012
You can't guarantee your "true love" will be there forever, but you can guarantee your family will.

Of course, I understand this perfectly. Hence, my dilemma. BUT if she's not the one, it doesn't invalidate the fact that I will always be pansexual. I guess what a;ll this really comes down to is should I ever do something about this? i.e come out? Or should I carry on with my secret and then regret it when I'm on my deathbed.
Reply 21
Original post by zippy100012
lose someone you "love" or
lose your own flesh and blood.

gee, i dunno.

dumbass shut the **** up, unless you know what **** ive been through you cant even comprehend how much family means. if i could go back and change that one decision i sure as hell would, but i cant so im dealing with it. don't make the same mistake i did OP, no matter how right it feels.

then again do whatever the **** you want.

What the hell is your problem? I wasn't even replying to you, if you made a crap decision in life and regret it that is your own doing don't take it out on people in a forum, ******.
"Depression is not a valid enough reason to put off a muslim marriage, and "putting off marriage" is out of the question altogether."

That is a huge generalisation and deeply inaccurate. Depression is not a valid enough reason for putting off a muslim marriage, are you for real. Perhaps this is the case in your particular family. However, I am certain that this is not the case in all Muslim families.

"If it's me making constant excuses I'm just resigning myself to a life of constant rowing and anger in the house until I finally come around. You sound like someone who'd understand if I said your comment just seems like an idealist white privilege point of view. No offense meant, but there are certain things that are just not that easy. I'm trying to look for a balance here, and all our suggestion would do is lead me to the same point five years down the line."

How offensive. Stop being so self-pitying, seriously.
Reply 23
Original post by sunnysidedown
"Depression is not a valid enough reason to put off a muslim marriage, and "putting off marriage" is out of the question altogether."

That is a huge generalisation and deeply inaccurate. Depression is not a valid enough reason for putting off a muslim marriage, are you for real. Perhaps this is the case in your particular family. However, I am certain that this is not the case in all Muslim families.

"If it's me making constant excuses I'm just resigning myself to a life of constant rowing and anger in the house until I finally come around. You sound like someone who'd understand if I said your comment just seems like an idealist white privilege point of view. No offense meant, but there are certain things that are just not that easy. I'm trying to look for a balance here, and all our suggestion would do is lead me to the same point five years down the line."

How offensive. Stop being so self-pitying, seriously.

Obviously not educated enough to know that reverse racism is not a thing and white privilege is. Look it up. And that's the last I'm saying on that.
But we had a sort of argument a week ago where I irrationally took my anger out at her when she asked me if "I would ever **** her if I was a guy". (To which I replied, "Why would I have to be a guy to do that?")

I ROFLMAOLOLed at that... Epic.

As for the issue at hand... you haven't mentioned if you live with your parents or not. If you don't, then there's nothing they can do to stop you from doing what you're entitled to, which is live your life how you feel right. If you do then you should plan to move out before dropping the bombshell. If your parents have the strong religious and cultural attitudes which you suggest, then it's definitely unwise to let them know while in a potentially compromising situation.

Perhaps make up a more acceptable reason to call off the engagement rather than have both things land at once - I guess calling off the engagement is one problem by itself, without the daughter having an essentially gay relationship (I wouldn't bother trying to explain the whole pansexual thing, seeing that even the most liberal people don't understand it).

Good luck to you and don't fool yourself that it will be easy. It will be very hard. But it will be worth it.
"Obviously not educated enough to know that reverse racism is not a thing and white privilege is. Look it up. And that's the last I'm saying on that."

Your response does not detract from the fact that you made a completely inaccurate statement about Islam and the Muslim community as a whole.

Secondly, you insult the responder by talking about "white privilege". If you were going to throw around such accusations, then perhaps you would have been better posting in a forum ending in .pk as opposed to .co.uk.

All the best to you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
"Obviously not educated enough to know that reverse racism is not a thing and white privilege is. Look it up. And that's the last I'm saying on that."

Your response does not detract from the fact that you made a completely inaccurate statement about Islam and the Muslim community as a whole.

Secondly, you insult the responder by talking about "white privilege". If you were going to throw around such accusations, then perhaps you would have been better posting in a forum ending in .pk as opposed to .co.uk.

All the best to you.

You have a point, I did generalise, apologies for that. All I can say is that it's true for my family, so I was wrong to say it was an Islamic point.

And ignoring your second point because it implies you think it's okay for white people to remain ignorant about important race issues.
Reply 27
Original post by Flying Cookie
I ROFLMAOLOLed at that... Epic.

As for the issue at hand... you haven't mentioned if you live with your parents or not. If you don't, then there's nothing they can do to stop you from doing what you're entitled to, which is live your life how you feel right. If you do then you should plan to move out before dropping the bombshell. If your parents have the strong religious and cultural attitudes which you suggest, then it's definitely unwise to let them know while in a potentially compromising situation.

Perhaps make up a more acceptable reason to call off the engagement rather than have both things land at once - I guess calling off the engagement is one problem by itself, without the daughter having an essentially gay relationship (I wouldn't bother trying to explain the whole pansexual thing, seeing that even the most liberal people don't understand it).

Good luck to you and don't fool yourself that it will be easy. It will be very hard. But it will be worth it.

Sounds like decent advice. I do live at home but it would be easy enough to move out. Definitely something to seriously consider. Thank you for the reply.
Reply 28
But God will not accept you as a homo, so this is an additional issue to consider.
Dear "Homewrecker"-ignoring "issues of race" is perhaps irrelevant to anyone but yourself. This is something which is happening in your family and you need to deal with it. Whether "stanley 90" acknowledges it or not is perhaps, completely, irrelevant to his life. Secondly, you assert, it is an issue of race, well, I am also female, Muslim, of South Asian origin and bisexual, and the issues you have raised are not relevant to me, yet, surely, we are of the same race. We are not a homogeneous group, and Islam not a monolith.

"But God will not accept you as a homo, so this is an additional issue to consider."

According to which scripture?
Reply 30
Dear "Homewrecker"-ignoring "issues of race" is perhaps irrelevant to anyone but yourself. This is something which is happening in your family and you need to deal with it. Whether "stanley 90" acknowledges it or not is perhaps, completely, irrelevant to his life. Secondly, you assert, it is an issue of race, well, I am also female, Muslim, of South Asian origin and bisexual, and the issues you have raised are not relevant to me, yet, surely, we are of the same race. We are not a homogeneous group, and Islam not a monolith.

"But God will not accept you as a homo, so this is an additional issue to consider."

According to which scripture?

The Quran...
I think you should try to reconsider this [if you're still a Muslim], and think it through once again. You're basically just following your worldly desires which will one day come to an end before you know it.

There's people that can help you if you want it and give you support, but if you're not willing to at least try and change and as as disappointing as it is, then this is all I have to say;

“Contain yourself in patience with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His countenance. Let not your eyes pass beyond them in quest of the beauties of the life of this world. Pay no heed to any whose heart We have left to be negligent of all remembrance of Us because he had always followed his own desires, and whose case has gone beyond all bounds. Say: ‘The truth [has now come] from your Lord. Let him who wills, believe in it, and let him who wills, reject it.’' (Sura Al-Kahf Verses 28-29)
Original post by Zubes
The Quran...

Dear Zubes, please can you give me the direct reference for this?

Thank you.
Reply 33
Dear Zubes, please can you give me the direct reference for this?

Thank you.

Why should I do the research for you, this is common sense. If you were a practicing muslim you would know this.

Try google at least, you can't be that lazy,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10050

(edited 11 years ago)
Oh Muslims, you're so silly
Original post by Perseveranze
I think you should try to reconsider this [if you're still a Muslim], and think it through once again. You're basically just following your worldly desires which will one day come to an end before you know it.

There's people that can help you if you want it and give you support, but if you're not willing to at least try and change and as as disappointing as it is, then this is all I have to say;

“Contain yourself in patience with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His countenance. Let not your eyes pass beyond them in quest of the beauties of the life of this world. Pay no heed to any whose heart We have left to be negligent of all remembrance of Us because he had always followed his own desires, and whose case has gone beyond all bounds. Say: ‘The truth [has now come] from your Lord. Let him who wills, believe in it, and let him who wills, reject it.’' (Sura Al-Kahf Verses 28-29)

Very apt of the Islamic machine. Put away your wants in order to honour a man made myth. Terrible.

However, I do think this topic is made by a troll that wants a controversial argument on Islam.
Original post by Blackburn_Allen
Very apt of the Islamic machine. Put away your wants in order to honour a man made myth. Terrible.

Try learning about Islam before making that judgement.

Original post by Blackburn_Allen
However, I do think this topic is made by a troll that wants a controversial argument on Islam.

Probably.
Original post by Zubes
Why should I do the research for you, this is common sense. If you were a practicing muslim you would know this.

Try google at least, you can't be that lazy,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam
http://www.religionfacts.com/homosexuality/islam.htm
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10050

Why should you do my research for me? Well, if you were a "practicing muslim" you would know that it says no such thing in the Qur'an. You insinuate that I am lazy, yet you make completely false claims about something which is not written in the Qur'an. No where in the Qur'an is it written that which you have claimed. Interestingly, you have not given me a chapter and verse reference from the Qur'an evidencing your claims. Read "your" book rather than trying to fob me, yourself and anyone else reading your posts off with a meagre offering from "Wikipedia" and some other dodgy websites.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Why should you do my research for me? Well, if you were a "practicing muslim" you would know that it says no such thing in the Qur'an. You insinuate that I am lazy, yet you make completely false claims about something which is not written in the Qur'an. No where in the Qur'an is it written that which you have claimed. Interestingly, you have not given me a chapter and verse reference from the Qur'an evidencing your claims. Read "your" book rather than trying to fob me, yourself and anyone else reading your posts off with a meagre offering from "Wikipedia" and some other dodgy websites.

fine, go to the source, I can get more for you as well, no need to get so angry,

We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who legged behind. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime! Qur'an 7:80

"If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful." Qur'an 4:16

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet cursed effeminate men and those women who assume the similitude (manners) of men. He also said, "Turn them out of your houses." He turned out such-and-such person out, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such person. Sahih Bukhari

Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done Abu Dawud 38:4447

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man should not look at the private parts of another man, and a woman should not look at the private parts of another woman. A man should not lie with another man without wearing lower garment under one cover; and a woman should not be lie with another woman without wearing lower garment under one cover. Abu Dawud 31:4007

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man should not lie with another man and a woman should not lie with another woman without covering their private parts except a child or a father. He also mentioned a third thing which I forgot. Abu Dawud 31:4008

It was narrated by Jaabir (may Allah be pleased with him): "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: 'There is nothing I fear for my ummah more than the deed of the people of Loot.'"Tirmidhi 1457
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Zubes
Look, if you are pansexual you can settle for a man that meets some of the personality interests that you seek, like myself. There are plenty of people who fall in love with someone and are unable to live long and happy lives together, this situation is not so uncommon. That is why, for the sake of your religion, and your family, perhaps not marrying the man in question is ideal, but maybe not the girl either. Keep trying, yu shouldn't have said yes to the first man you met, but spent a great deal of time finding someone that felt right to you, there could indeed be more than one love in your life. That is why, I think my handsomeness and attractive qualities as a man, coupled with feminine like tendencies, will be a good, and viable option, for either yourself, or kittykat8.

Yeah, who knows down the line there may be a guy that wins your heart- like this eligible bachelor lol (I'm kidding) :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending