The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Morgsie
Became part of the EU back in 1973 and has various opt outs: EMU and CSDP

Please take this somewhere else Morgsie.
Reply 81
Welcome all new members!
Reply 82
EMassey
Hello!

Welcome to EMassey, the new rep for Hungary.
Reply 83
Original post by Mazzini
Bye!

Goodbye to Mazzini, who is leaving his position as Japan rep.
Reply 84
Welcome to Rhysanator, the new representative for Jamaica.

Rhysanator
Welcome along!

Birchington
QFA
Original post by Birchington
Welcome back to broadwayrachael, the new representative for Norway.

Thank you!
Reply 86
Welcome to Lacking Gravitas, the new representative for Turkey.

Lacking Gravitas
Welcome!

Birchington
QFA (positions list)
Original post by RoryS
Welcome to Lacking Gravitas, the new representative for Turkey.

Thanks!
Reply 88
Hello to Aek-94, who is now dual rep for Mexico in addition to Finland.
Reply 89
Original post by Morgsie
Bye!
Morgsie is standing down as representative for Portugal, but remains EU Bloc rep and Attorney General.

Original post by stanlas2
Bye!
Stanlas is standing down as representative for the Czech Republic. Thanks for all your contributions in the role!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Morgsie is standing down as representative for Portugal, but remains EU Bloc rep and Attorney General

Corrected post
Morgsie is standing down as representative for Portugal, but remains EU Bloc rep.

Just because the bloc is suspended doesn't mean that the guidance document can be ignored, he cannot be the rep if he does not hold the position of an EU country... he shouldn't be rep anyway.
Reply 92
Original post by tehFrance
Just because the bloc is suspended doesn't mean that the guidance document can be ignored, he cannot be the rep if he does not hold the position of an EU country... he shouldn't be rep anyway.
The secretariat position has basically turned into EU rep, and since he's in that role already and working on reform I felt it best to appoint him. Same as Moleman for the Arab League. If you'd prefer a vote, I'm happy to hold one to elect an EU rep but I didn't feel it was worth holding one.
The secretariat position has basically turned into EU rep, and since he's in that role already and working on reform I felt it best to appoint him. Same as Moleman for the Arab League. If you'd prefer a vote, I'm happy to hold one to elect an EU rep but I didn't feel it was worth holding one.

So basically democracy and guidance documents are irrelevant :colonhash: Moleman is different as he did not lose his mandate like Morgsie did, Morgsie lost his mandate so to appoint him is ridiculous.
Reply 94
It was suspended due to democaracy
Reply 95
Original post by tehFrance
So basically democracy and guidance documents are irrelevant :colonhash: Moleman is different as he did not lose his mandate like Morgsie did, Morgsie lost his mandate so to appoint him is ridiculous.
OK, I'll hold an election to avoid the EU bloc continuing as a distracting sideshow.
Reply 96
Cannotbelieveit
Hello!
Hello to Cannotbelieveit, who is now rep for Greece instead of Cameroon.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
Welcome to evie1994, the new representative for Chile.

evie1994
Hello!

Birchington
QFA
Reply 98
Welcome to alunaverde, the new representative for Romania.
Hello to Cannotbelieveit, who is now rep for Greece instead of Cameroon.

I thought Aek-94 represented Greece...?

Latest

Trending

Trending