The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
Hey! im in Grizedale, fresher, doing Religious Studies - on here procrastinating instead of doing Criminology essay! Hows the exams going?
x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, exams not actually started yet but revision seems to be going ok...

I'm Religious Studies Major lol
Reply 3
Hi there, im a fellow 3rd year

Glad your revision is going well, much better than mine then!

I might know you from first year actually :smile:
Reply 4
HI, nice to meet you!

What are you majoring in?
Reply 5
Sociology, but I took religious studies as a part 1 subject.

Are you looking forward to graduating?
Reply 6
Yeah - cant wait to leave - found it so lonely - come to hate it when have to be in chancellors - :frown:

You got big plans for after graduating?
Reply 7
aw :frown: I havent found uni to be 'the greatest experience ever' (not to put all you would-be Lancastrians off :smile:

I cannot wait to graduate, going to be a great day hopefully, I am not attending the Grad Ball though, far too expensive!

I am not continuing onto a masters, and currently don't have a job to go into but I will find something :smile: How about you?
Reply 8
Going to my graduation, but not to the grad ball... definately too expensive!!!

I'm also finished with full time education now and wont be coming back to do a masters.

Like the majority of students leavng i have no job to go into but currently setting up my own business which i'm hoping to expand when i leave lol but will need another job on the side to start with at least to get some money in...

Any ideas what you want to do when you finish?
Reply 9
weblet_h
Yeah - cant wait to leave - found it so lonely - come to hate it when have to be in chancellors - :frown:

You got big plans for after graduating?

Sorry to butt in - what is chancellors?
This thread is worrying me a little as I've just accepted Lancaster as firm!
Chancellors Walf (sp) is university accomdation in the city centre, right by the cannal often popular with 2nd/3rd years who dont want to live on campus.
Reply 11
Just a quick question - how much are they actually charging you guys for the Grad Ball?
The ticket is £60 with purple card or £65 without, then when you pay for it you are told that you must pay an additional £7.50 coach fare!

Last year it was around £40.

Hence why I (and others) are not going :frown:
Reply 13
yeah - far too expensive for me to be able to afford!!!

Most people have a great time at lancaster - i've just been unlucky i dont live with very sociable people this year - for the reason they are normally at their partners houses.... hence the lonliness...

and most of my friends i made in second year were masters students and i had a great year but they have consequently left and so i'm now in situation of not actually knowing anyone!

LUSU should set up some kind of chat forum - would be helpful me thinks...

Chancellors Wharf i've heard isn't gonna be owned by uni for much longer - talk of it going over to St martins
Reply 14
Lizj
Sorry to butt in - what is chancellors?
This thread is worrying me a little as I've just accepted Lancaster as firm!

Don't worry! You don't have to live there if you don't want to, there are plenty of other houses and apartments to rent in town. If you want you can stay on campus as many of the colleges allow the opportunity to stay on it during your three years.
Reply 15
LittleMiss
The ticket is £60 with purple card or £65 without, then when you pay for it you are told that you must pay an additional £7.50 coach fare!

:eek:
Good job i've got two years to start saving up for it then :wink:
Yes i'd start saving now....by the time you graduate expect it to be around £100 just for the ticket :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending