The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dammnn that **** nasty!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
hey so yhh i started shaving when i was 14 and then after a while i get these itchy white pimple spot boil things all over my vagina, i was too embarrassed to say anything to anyone..until recently now im 18 i went to my GP and i have follicitus which is caused due to ingrown hairs :/

Stop shaving for a while, give some time for the hairs to grow through before you start removing hair again. DON'T use hair removal cream on ingrown hairs, it will be really painful and isn't healthy!
My boyfriend gets bad ingrown hairs on his chest, the antibiotics helped a bit to stop swelling and infection. Ex-foliating the area can help too.

ive been depressed ever since and have really low self esteem, i cant have a bf because i cant get intimate with them becuase they will think im a freak(im stil a virgin and not ready to have sex yet, but in the future this wont be possible if i cant get rid of this), i got antibitotics by nothing has changed i need to rearange another appointment with my GP in two weeks oh yh i also get these big ass black spots inbetween my breasts which leave scars :'(

People won't really be bothered if they actually like you I promise, my boyfriend has had awful skin problems but I really couldn't care less! They'll know you well enough to not be bothered by that by the time you are naked in front of them I assume.

i have discharge on my knickers everyday, so i have to wear panty liners. i shower 2 times a day so i dont understand why i keep getting discharge im a very hygenic person and have a micor case of OCD

Perfectly normal! Although you could be showering too much, it isn't healthy to wash down there too much!

in additon to this all my friends are size 6's and 8's and im a size 16 :/ double their weight, everday in college they always complain about how fat they are :s and i just sit there and say nothing because if they think that they are fat then i must be morbidly friken obese i dont want to be known as the fat friend anymore im on a desperate mission to loose this weight and change all these problems that i have but its just not happening oh an i live in one room with my mother, yep ive never had my own room(cant wait for uni -_-) everybody thinks im fine though because i crack jokes and laugh and pretend im happy, but im really not i hate everything about myself.
any sincere advice or solutions to my problems will be really helpful
thanks

Talk to people if you are unhappy, your friends can help you through it and support you losing weight!

Original post by vpsycho
Try this. I use it alot and works great for me. All nice and smooth as a babies bum.

Even in between your labia? OUCH! Lord, Fair enough on the main bit but down there it burns!!! (From experience) Also says in the instructions not recommended for there...

Original post by Fuzzpig
Alas, people seem to be having the same problems with it!

Still, probably worth a try. I have to admit the other Veet stuff certainly made sure there was no hair left, so it does do what it's meant to do. Just a bit more viciously than I'd have liked.

Be careful it still burns in certain places!!
Reply 23
Update
So the folliculitis has gone for now, but i have hadsome minor cases with a few spots popping up so I’m going back to my GP, I haven’tshaved in year because of this problem.
I think I have psoriasis in between my breasts as thatare is really dark and I have itchy spots in between them which are so irritatingI’m going to have to book a GP appointment for.
I sweat less now, I bought Driclor which stings whenyou put it on, but after that I don’t sweat as much, but when I get nervous orif I’m in a crowded space I break out in a sweat, and start sweating like mad.
The stretch marks still bother me, but not as muchnow.
As for losing weight I ride my bike a lot, I’m nowbetween a size 14-16 ,still not happy about that , I’m still in the process oflosing weight, I have 3 months to lose this weight before university, anyonehave any tips???

Thanks guys :smile:, I appreciate it.
I'll move this to health and hopefully you'll get some answers here :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Update
So the folliculitis has gone for now, but i have hadsome minor cases with a few spots popping up so I’m going back to my GP, I haven’tshaved in year because of this problem.
I think I have psoriasis in between my breasts as thatare is really dark and I have itchy spots in between them which are so irritatingI’m going to have to book a GP appointment for.
I sweat less now, I bought Driclor which stings whenyou put it on, but after that I don’t sweat as much, but when I get nervous orif I’m in a crowded space I break out in a sweat, and start sweating like mad.
The stretch marks still bother me, but not as muchnow.
As for losing weight I ride my bike a lot, I’m nowbetween a size 14-16 ,still not happy about that , I’m still in the process oflosing weight, I have 3 months to lose this weight before university, anyonehave any tips???

Thanks guys :smile:, I appreciate it.

I would say just keep riding your bike (possibly more often depending how often you do it) and just try to stick to a healthy diet with lots of protein, fibre, vegetables and minimise rubbish. Well done though, sounds positive and you'll get there if you keep trying ! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by sadpanda123
I would say just keep riding your bike (possibly more often depending how often you do it) and just try to stick to a healthy diet with lots of protein, fibre, vegetables and minimise rubbish. Well done though, sounds positive and you'll get there if you keep trying ! :smile:

yeah, i'm going to try and ride my bike everyday, to help increase the process. Thanks for the advice!!
:smile:
Well done on the exercise and getting some things sorted, you're brave for seeing your GP about these sorts of things:smile:

For more weight loss tips:
Don't be tempted by online or magazines "fast weight loss" tips or diet pills or anything else like that. To lose weight healthily, you just need to burn off more calories and eat healthy. Replace white bread with brown bread. Eat three meals a day. Have wheetabix or something else high in fibre for breakfast. Drink Green Tea(This will make you feel full and you won't be tempted to snack, it is also healthier than regular tea or coffee or hot chocolate). If you're tempted to snack, snack on fruits instead. Also try making home made fruit smoothies as these are really delicious and fun to make, they are also sooo good in this hot weather and will cool you down and help with your sweating as well! Well done on the cycling, other things you can do are buying exercise DVD's - you can buy these cheap off Ebay and you can work out in the comfort of your own home:smile: Zumba classes are a good idea, especially if you have friends to accompany you as it feels more like fun than exercise! :biggrin: Also try joining a gym, as you can get student discount and if you join a council gym rather than private these are rather cheap. Good luck! x
Reply 28
Just as a side note, showering 2 tines everyday can be worse for hygiene. It can make your hair really oily and can damage your natural skin in some cases. I recommend just having a shower every other day. You’ll save money on water bills too!
I'm closing this thread cos it's old and that tends to cause confusion. If anybody has anything similar they want to talk about please feel free to make a new thread. :smile:

Latest