The Student Room Group

Can you wear expired contact lenses??

My monthly lenses expired 10 days ago as in it's been over a month but tomorrow there's a wedding, I really need to wear them?? Is that ok? I mean I've only wore them 3 times a week and even went a week without wearing them,so been in the solution for a long time??

I've lost my right contacts of the new pair so I'm thinking of wearing the right expired contact with the new left lenses??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
You can wear them, if you clean them regularly and take good care of them, nothing will happen. I always wear mine for longer than a month anyway.
You can but everything's then seen in a kind of monochrome sepia. Men all wear hats and ladies carry parasols.
Reply 4
Yeah i once wore my lenses continuously for almost 2 months (forgot to change them :colondollar: ) and nothing happened :smile: although if they start irritating your eyes then its probably best to take them out, i don't know whether different brands of lenses have different lives or somethhing so its not worth risking your eyesight :tongue:

Tbh, i have friends who wear their monthly lenses for 4-5 months and nothing happens...though i never risk that :tongue:
Reply 5
Just clean them well and you'll be fine. I stopped wearing contacts because they really irritated my eyes.
Reply 6
If it was me, I'd wear the in-date one on its own and ditch the old one. Most people who wear out-of-date contact lenses get away with it, but a minority will develop shockingly severe eye infections which can (rarely) cost your sight - see pic below for an example. I've seen it happen. It's your call whether you want to take a small risk of very severe problems.
oct02_sec3_fig2.jpg
Reply 7
so can u see properly? i mean u cant see anything blury stuff?

Latest