The Student Room Group

I threw up in front of him and now it's really awkward!!

I've been seeing this amazing guy for a little while and last week it was my work Xmas party - I had FAR too much champagne in a very short time and ended up getting a cab back to his house. When I got there, I threw up - a LOT. All over myself, my dress etc. He obviously saw, but took me inside, put me in the shower, dressed me in his clothes and put me to bed with a bucket and a glass of water... He then cuddled me all night even though I had puke in my hair etc.

It all seemed fine that night and the morning after but now he's really off with me... We normally talk constantly but we haven't spoken at all really, only a couple of messages and those have been extremely brief. I'm a bit concerned that he thinks I'm disgusting and I've ruined the 'sexy' image he had of me before. I was also supposed to spend the day with him tomorrow and stay over til Monday but he hasn't mentioned this or made any plans with me now. How can I restore his view of me and get the gross image out of his mind?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nothing says sexy like vomiting in your own hair, I can tell you that.

You cant reverse this, what is seen cannot be unseen. Just try and make it up to him
How did you puke in your hair? If it was as violent as this then I understand why he's a bit off with you.

He'll probably go back to normal sooner or later.
Reply 3
It's been three days and he's now barely talking to me... I tried to confront him about this and he's not replying. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?
maybe hes emetophobic? Some people are really funny about vomit -myself included. I find it very difficult to deal with people who put me in the position of having to care for them when they are being sick (this happens alot as I dont drink). perhaps it just freaked him out a little?
Maybe be direct and ask him if it was because of the incident? Sometimes it can be hard to talk about?
Reply 5
I did try to confront the issue but he hasn't replied. Guess its over.
Reply 6
Don't accept defeat like that, he treated you really well when you were in that way and he seems like a pretty nice guy :] He's probably a bit confused about what happened with you, or needs a little space since he's probably not been in that position before.. Guys have hot and cold periods. Don't keep texting him if he's not replying, leave him be for a bit, I'm sure he'll get back in contact again in a few days / a week or something :] If he hasn't called or texted in say ten days, I'd either call him up one evening or send him an email/letter, a brief one apologising for what happened and saying you shouldn't have put him in that position, and that it won't happen again, but you really appreciate you helping him out - you had just had a bit of a rubbishy time at the party and you ended up having too much to drink, it wasn't responsible and you feel pretty stupid. This shows him you're sorry, mature and fairly down to earth. Don't stress, give him time, if he likes you enough this won't put him off :] Good luck! Xx
Why don't you call him and talk rather than relying on messages?
Reply 8
well, that's how much he cares about you.
To be honest, maybe he's quite embarrassed too. Doesn't know how to act. To be honest, I would be the same.

As you say, you've already confronted him on the issue, you've tried talking to him....in all honesty, I don't really know what you can do.

I say, just give it time. Forget about the seeing him in the next few days. Maybe just leave it, and start talking again the new year once it's all blown over.
Reply 10
Well from a males perspective, if he was cuddling you all night he still likes you.

He's probably more worried about what your thinking, if it was me in his position I would be worried that you might not feel comfortable with me anymore and so I would be hesitant to make a move so to speak, so make it clear your still interested and im sure he'll come running.

At least now he knows your gagging face :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mother_Russia
To be honest, maybe he's quite embarrassed too. Doesn't know how to act. To be honest, I would be the same.

As you say, you've already confronted him on the issue, you've tried talking to him....in all honesty, I don't really know what you can do.

I say, just give it time. Forget about the seeing him in the next few days. Maybe just leave it, and start talking again the new year once it's all blown over.

This.

Leave it to blow over if he's not replying. You guys obviously had something sweet and there's no reason you can't go back to that :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Zubes
Well from a males perspective, if he was cuddling you all night he still likes you.

He's probably more worried about what your thinking, if it was me in his position I would be worried that you might not feel comfortable with me anymore and so I would be hesitant to make a move so to speak, so make it clear your still interested and im sure he'll come running.

At least now he knows your gagging face :sexface:

That's what I thought! He was so affectionate during the night, and we actually had sex as well! So to go and be so off with me ever since is just strange.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I thought! He was so affectionate during the night, and we actually had sex as well! So to go and be so off with me ever since is just strange.

FYI everyone - he dumped me today.

:frown: you throwing up CANNOT have been the reason!
:hugs:awww i'm so sorry, but for what it's worth, he's not worth it if he broke up with you just because of the vomit thing

I was just about to reply to this saying that I'd done a similar thing and it had all turned out fine, I'm so sorry!! Did he say why? It sounded like he was an affectionate guy from what you said so I find it hard to believe he went off you that quickly - and if it was the sick thing then frankly that's a little silly.

Chin up - if someone's going to break up with you over a stupid mistake like that then maybe you're better off without them :smile:
Reply 17
yeah being sick was the reason. we spoke today and he said that he feels like I'm 'too comfortable' and I'm not making an effort anymore - that I was comfortable enough to be sick in front of him and that after seeing me like that he's no longer attracted to me.

I'm glad yours worked out well for you though :smile:
yeah being sick was the reason. we spoke today and he said that he feels like I'm 'too comfortable' and I'm not making an effort anymore - that I was comfortable enough to be sick in front of him and that after seeing me like that he's no longer attracted to me.

I'm glad yours worked out well for you though :smile:

To put it bluntly, I think that that's ridiculous, and a real shame as he seemed like a nice guy too. But anyway, good luck to you and at least I guess you will be wary of being like this in future! (As I know I now am...). But in all honesty, someone who breaks up with you because you were sick in front of them once isn't worth the effort anyway!
Reply 19
Yeah I will be wary! I think it's ridiculous too, and he was a nice guy.

Just out of curiosity, how did you and your bf get past you being sick (or whatever happened to you...?)

Latest

Trending

Trending