The Student Room Group

Question about reapplying/transfering

Hello! I'm an international student living in London and attending an international school wherein the majority of students graduate and go to university in America. Because of this, I am a bit uninformed and am about to perhaps ask an incredibly obvious question.
This year, I applied to and was rejected by Oxford, but still feel confident that I could get into the university. I have an Unconditional Offer from St. Andrews at the minute but otherwise have not heard back from anywhere else.
My question is...
I really think I want to reapply to Oxford, but my mom will not let me take a gap year without a 100% chance I will have somewhere to go if Oxford rejects me. Is it possible for me to reapply to Oxford whilst at St. Andrews? If I get reapply whilst at St. Andrews, will my place at St. Andrews still be held for the second year? Any information you have regarding this would be REALLY helpful; I am finding a lot of conflicting opinions about this.
Reply 1
Original post by Safletcher27
Hello! I'm an international student living in London and attending an international school wherein the majority of students graduate and go to university in America. Because of this, I am a bit uninformed and am about to perhaps ask an incredibly obvious question.
This year, I applied to and was rejected by Oxford, but still feel confident that I could get into the university. I have an Unconditional Offer from St. Andrews at the minute but otherwise have not heard back from anywhere else.
My question is...
I really think I want to reapply to Oxford, but my mom will not let me take a gap year without a 100% chance I will have somewhere to go if Oxford rejects me. Is it possible for me to reapply to Oxford whilst at St. Andrews? If I get reapply whilst at St. Andrews, will my place at St. Andrews still be held for the second year? Any information you have regarding this would be REALLY helpful; I am finding a lot of conflicting opinions about this.

Yes you can do this. However you will still need to pay the fees for the year for St Andrews and will have to start first year again at Oxford.
Do you know why Oxford rejected you? It could be good to get feedback to see how you could improve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending