The Student Room Group

Still unsure about uni...

Im in a massive limbo, ive applied to university to do Business Management at Aston, Brunel, Kent, Oxford Brookes and De Montfort. but im really unsure whether I want to go, i dont know if i can be bothered with another 3 years of exams, but i know its the best option as the jobs i want are all graduate jobs. but other than cba with exams i dont know why i dont want to go? all my friends either know if they want to or not :frown: anyone else had this problem? im not the most outgoing person as i was bullied when i was younger but ive come out of my shell a lot recently as i realised i needed confidence to get a job (now got 2 :biggrin:) but im not sure if its underlying about me being worried about not making friends and im not fully aware of it? im the first in my family to go uni, but im the first to do a lot so i dont think its that and the cost doesnt bother me either.

anyone help me to understand what i want or had the same problem?

much appreciated! thanks!
Hi, i really didn't know if i wanted to go to uni or not, i ended up going and now wish i had taken a year out! Have you considered taking a year out to think about things and deferring your course?
Original post by ineedofhelp123
Hi, i really didn't know if i wanted to go to uni or not, i ended up going and now wish i had taken a year out! Have you considered taking a year out to think about things and deferring your course?

I am on an unplanned gap year and its working out in its own way. I have my place ready knowing that I have to wait until september is too long for me.

Are you still in uni by the way?
Taking a year out before uni is a VERY good idea, especially if you are unsure if you want to go at all. If you do some work, travel a bit and spend some time away from home, you will be older, wiser, better organised and more prepared for independent life at Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending