The Student Room Group

Maths revision technique q, solomon papers

I know that past papers combined with the solomon usually is a good method to get a good grade and I was planning on doing past papers & solomon papers too, however, I seem to be struggling with ordinary past papers as it is, my grade tends to fluctuate from an A to a D so should I focus more on re-doing the past papers I've already done to see if I've improved or should I go and do solomon papers.

I've already done all the OCR MEI C1 papers now so not sure if I should do a solomon now or repeat my MEI papers.

What would you do? I mean, I DESPERATELY want to improve and have been trying really hard, clearly, nothing sticks! So I want to use the time I have left wisely :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
After you've done a past paper, go over it and see where you're losing most of your marks. Once you've found the areas, go over them by doing some questions from your textbook until you're confident in these areas.
Reply 2
Original post by .JJ
After you've done a past paper, go over it and see where you're losing most of your marks. Once you've found the areas, go over them by doing some questions from your textbook until you're confident in these areas.

I've been doing that so far and I do feel much more confident doing the past papers now, I'm not sure though if doing papers meant to be even harder than the MEI ones will help me or just freak me out because I'm not exactly amazing at C1 at the moment and I've done all 16 MEI papers
Reply 3
I know that this is not relevant now BUT when you start revising C2 you need to ensure that you understand the content BEFORE trying past papers

For now, however,

You could use AQA and/or Edexcel papers to give you more questions to practice and ensure that your basic understanding id solid before trying the harder Solomon questions
Reply 4
Edexcel is largely similar to OCR MEI so why not try the solomon papers for edexcel?
Reply 5
if you've done all past papers, do solomon some solomon papers can be more challenging. it will probably stretch your knowledge, rather than getting familiar on similar questions on each paper.

Quick Reply

Latest