The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry "Experience day"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ive applied for mechanical engineering and the days they offered me are 14 December and 18 January if that helps
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by livsmcc1
Ive applied for mechanical engineering and the days they offered me are 14 December and 18 January if that helps

How do you know when they are? I received an email about this as well (Same course as you as well!) but no dates...
Reply 22
Original post by PickwickianGeek
How do you know when they are? I received an email about this as well (Same course as you as well!) but no dates...

you get sent an email to register for the day on the website and they give you dates to choose from :smile:
Original post by livsmcc1
you get sent an email to register for the day on the website and they give you dates to choose from :smile:

I have booked it now but it says " It will also mean that we can give you a decision about your offer from Coventry on the day. " does that mean they can retract my offer? My offer hasn't shown up on track yet but I've got two emails congratulating me on my offer so...
Reply 24
when are you going i have actually applied for the same coarse to and got an Applicant Experience Day on 1st February
Reply 25
I've booked to go to the applicant experience day on the 18th of January for mathematics but I have no idea at what time I'm supposed to arrive :s does anyone know?
Reply 26
I have one on the 15th february, does it mean i defo have an offer cause it said congratulations on your offer!- we would now like to invite you to an experience day. Im so unsure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by KerryMaree
I've booked to go to the applicant experience day on the 18th of January for mathematics but I have no idea at what time I'm supposed to arrive :s does anyone know?

you should get an email with a timetable for the day which says what time it starts etc, i got mine like a week ago and my experience day is this Saturday
Reply 28
Hey Ahm and KerryMaree,

Original post by KerryMaree

You should be arriving to the Engineering and Computing building for around 12.00as this is when the registration and lunch is scheduled. Our student advocates (current students) and some lecturers will be around during that time for an informal chat over lunch.

Original post by Ahm...x
I have one on the 15th february, does it mean i defo have an offer cause it said congratulations on your offer!- we would now like to invite you to an experience day. Im so unsure.

Yes, you definitely have the offer if you've been invited to our experience day. :smile:
We would just like to be able to give you the opportunity to come and meet some current staff and students as well as take a look at the facilities we have to offer. Amongst this, an experience day will give you a taster of what to expect from your course when you start.

I hope this clarifies things a little more for you both.

Regards,
Stuart - Engineering and Computing social media team.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Cov Uni
Hey Ahm and KerryMaree,

You should be arriving to the Engineering and Computing building for around 12.00as this is when the registration and lunch is scheduled. Our student advocates (current students) and some lecturers will be around during that time for an informal chat over lunch.

Yes, you definitely have the offer if you've been invited to our experience day. :smile:
We would just like to be able to give you the opportunity to come and meet some current staff and students as well as take a look at the facilities we have to offer. Amongst this, an experience day will give you a taster of what to expect from your course when you start.

I hope this clarifies things a little more for you both.

Regards,

I got two emails congratulating me on an offer for aerospace I wanted to know if their is an interview plus is there anyone who overseeing on the day of the applicant experience day will I definate get an offer for attending or will we be assessed on as individuals than at the end they will consider giving us an offer or not I'm kinda confused, because I found out we will be put into groups and be doing tasks so will be assess on that or it's just a taste of the course I'm pretty confused :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
I am booked to go to the experience day on the 18th Jan but on my booking form it says Maths and Physics even though I have applied for Maths and Stats?
I have booked one for the 8th of March and it's in the business, environment and society faculty despite the fact I'm planning to study History and Politics.

Looking forward to it, although if people say it is underwhelming on here etc, it might be worth reconsidering going as it's a fair trek and I might have other offers by then etc.
Reply 32
So what happens if you can't go to the experience day? there is a high chance I will be working and won't be able to make it, do you still get an offer? Because obviously you won't be there to receive it in person.

I too have received two email about it but UCAS track doesn't say I have an offer from them.
Reply 33
Original post by Onyxus
So what happens if you can't go to the experience day? there is a high chance I will be working and won't be able to make it, do you still get an offer? Because obviously you won't be there to receive it in person.

I too have received two email about it but UCAS track doesn't say I have an offer from them.

Have you tried contacting them on the link they sent in one of the emails? When you go on the experience day you get given a certificate saying you've been accepted and it comes through to ucas a few days after so I'm not sure what happens to people who don't attend but ive contacted them previously and they reply quickly and are really helpful :smile:
Reply 34
Hi Seathestars, Onyxus and Waqa.

Original post by Seathestars
I have booked one for the 8th of March and it's in the business, environment and society faculty despite the fact I'm planning to study History and Politics.

Looking forward to it, although if people say it is underwhelming on here etc, it might be worth reconsidering going as it's a fair trek and I might have other offers by then etc.

It seems it says that because that's the department the course is covered under. :smile: I'm personally in the Engineering and Computing faculty, however experience days are usually pretty interesting. It's as a chance speak to current staff
and students as well as see what your course about.

Original post by Onyxus

If you're sure that you can't go to the experience day (and your course is in the EC Faculty) contact [email protected] saying so and we'll try get UCAS updated ASAP.

Original post by Waqa.123
I got two emails congratulating me on an offer for aerospace I wanted to know if their is an interview plus is there anyone who overseeing on the day of the applicant experience day will I definate get an offer for attending or will we be assessed on as individuals than at the end they will consider giving us an offer or not I'm kinda confused, because I found out we will be put into groups and be doing tasks so will be assess on that or it's just a taste of the course I'm pretty confused :s-smilie:

On some courses there is an informal interview, but the tasks for the day are not assessed. Think of it as a fun introduction to the course more than anything else. If you have already been invited to an experience day, you have an offer - it should be updated on UCAS after the experience day.

Regards,
Original post by Cov Uni
Hi Seathestars, Onyxus and Waqa.

It seems it says that because that's the department the course is covered under. :smile: I'm personally in the Engineering and Computing faculty, however experience days are usually pretty interesting. It's as a chance speak to current staff
and students as well as see what your course about.

Thanks for this reply. As it stands, I fully plan on attending. As you say, it should be both interesting and worthwhile.

Quick Reply

Latest