The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY - F211 AS Jan 2013 Revision (Group)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zahra00
So does it mean that there's a low oxygen tension inside the red blood cell or outside the red blood cell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's talk about Oxygen tension/partial pressure, it's outside the red blood cell. Inside the red blood cell will talk about Haemoglobin saturation.
Reply 61
I can tell I'm going to fail...we haven't covered spirometers, tissue fluid or lymphatics and the exam's on wednesday
Reply 62
Original post by Konflict
I'm not 100% sure to be honest. It's just important to know that Fetal Haemoglobin is in the fetus.
As the baby grows older, the Fetal Haemoglobin is replaced by adult haemoglobin.

Fetal haemoglobin has delta and gamma chains aswell as the alpha and beta chains in "normal haemoglobin". The gamma chain is what allows for the greater affinity.
Reply 63
Original post by LilyElise
I can tell I'm going to fail...we haven't covered spirometers, tissue fluid or lymphatics and the exam's on wednesday

Just so you're aware, all we need to know in regards of Blood, Tissue fluid and Lymph is the difference between the three and how tissue fluid is formed. We don't need to know much about lymph.
For the spirometer, the only things you might be asked are how to calculate vital capacity, tidal volume, breathing rate or oxygen uptake. Have a read through the mark schemes for what they want to see for those questions. You only need to know really basic stuff about the spirometer such as, as the subject breathes in, the lid goes down and vice versa.
Also if they ask what factors should be considered when carrying out a risk assessment you can say things as simple as "check health of subject" and "use medical grade oxygen" or "ensure soda lime is working properly".
Good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
:work:HAPPY REVISING EVERYONE :smile: eXAM TOMMOROW :coffee:
Reply 65
Right just got home having done the test! How did everyone find it? I found it to be a tricky paper!!

What did people put for why is the maximum number of yeast cells reached? Secondly im sure most people calculated the area of the yeast, calculated the area of the scars, did people x6 because there was 6 in the diagram?

Then did you take them away from each other or divide the two values? I got around 47 for that one!
Original post by izzo
Right just got home having done the test! How did everyone find it? I found it to be a tricky paper!!

What did people put for why is the maximum number of yeast cells reached? Secondly im sure most people calculated the area of the yeast, calculated the area of the scars, did people x6 because there was 6 in the diagram?

Then did you take them away from each other or divide the two values? I got around 47 for that one!

I though the paper was again hard, like I found it last year! For the yeast cells, I calculated the surface area of the cell and the total of a scar, then divided the total SA for the cell by the area of a scar, and I got 28.27 I think! I have no idea
Original post by USERNAME1234567890
I though the paper was again hard, like I found it last year! For the yeast cells, I calculated the surface area of the cell and the total of a scar, then divided the total SA for the cell by the area of a scar, and I got 28.27 I think! I have no idea

28.27 wouldve given you one mark out of the 2
Reply 68
Original post by USERNAME1234567890

Shame I took the two away! Looking at the unofficial mark the data is very different to anything I got! Never mind!
I too made mistakes on that paper, its such a shame because it was actually a reasonable paper. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending