The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi everyone,

The hype continues to progress - there have been some really interesting developments this week so make sure you check it out and get involved.

Discussion Topics:

The MUN Buddy Scheme is now underway - if you're new here and haven't already been given a buddy, let us know! Major reforms to the MUN Charter will be posted tonight so make sure you check them out and have your say.

Lastly, there's the chat thread!

New Members:
dj_macky - African Union
mcmuzzi98 - Sudan
The Mad Dog - Mexico
Barkerjessica - Croatia

Thanks,
Birchington
Reply 21
Hi everyone,

Firstly, the hype has now concluded. Thanks to everyone that took part - it was a really interesting and intense debate, which I hope you enjoyed. A new hype is in the pipeline, so stay tuned!

A roll call is currently being held - please head over and let me know you're still active in the MUN. It'll be held for a week, so there's plenty of time to take part. It will help us to know who isn't taking part so they can be removed.

Discussion Topics:

If you just fancy a chat, head over to the chat thread! Follow the MUN on Twitter as well.

New Members:
jackbirdy412 - Estonia and UNESCO
Ry. - UNDP

Stay active when you can,

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 22
Hi everyone,

Firstly, the new Charter is now ready to read - have a look here and let me know any changes you feel are necessary ASAP.

The roll call has concluded - thanks to everyone that took part. All inactive members will be removed from the MUN, so keep checking the positions list as more positions become available and PM if you fancy a change.

Discussion Topics

If you're interested in helping out with managing the MUN's Twitter account, drop a PM to Rory. Also, if you're new to the MUN and would like a buddy, let Rory or myself know and we'll sort you out.

Finally, there's the chat thread if you want to unwind. There's currently a competition to get to 9999 posts - the prize is an easter egg (yay!).

Stay active whenever you can,

Thanks,
Birchington
Reply 23
MUN Social Media:

Are you interested in finding out about all the latest Political News and UN News, as well as receiving news about the MUN here at The Student Room? If you are you should carry on reading.

The MUN has created a Social Media Team, The Social Media Managers job is to ensure that all MUN Social Media is accurate and is up to date! You can find about our Social Media Accounts below:

Twitter - @TSRModelUN - Click Here for Page

Wordpress - - Under Construction

Other Social Media sites maybe added in the future. We hope that you follow our twitter!

Thank You
Social Media Managers
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Hi everyone,

Firstly, there are two major votes happening in the MUN - head over and cast your vote when you can:

Discussion Topics:

Following the roll call, there are now quite a few free positions - have a look here and let me know if you'd like a swap.

Finally, there's the chat thread and MUN Twitter if you want to unwind!

Thanks,
Birchington
Reply 25
Hi everyone,

Firstly, elections are underway to choose the two non-permanent members of the Security Council.
This is open to everyone in the Model UN, so I'd highly recommend taking part if you want to get more involved. Find out more here.

The new Charter has now been ratified.

Discussion Topics

New Members
MattFletcher - Fiji
Superunknown17 - France
Mr Plumby - Colombia
Jackbirdy412 - South Africa

If you want to help out with the buddy scheme or need a buddy, let us know here.

Finally, head over to the chat thread to unwind and don't forget to follow the MUN on Twitter!

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 26
Hi everyone,

Elections are underway to decide our two non-permanent members of the Security Council - the Q&A session is currently underway here.

The Security Council position of Russia is now available - if you're interested, find out more here.

Discussion Topics:

New Members:
Ry.-Health and Wellbeing Officer
terza021-Italy

There is discussion underway on how to improve the MUN - if you have any ideas, feel free to mention them here. Finally, head over to the chat thread to unwind and don't forget to follow us on Twitter!

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 27
(Woops! Sorry I didn't post this earlier, only just realised!)

Hi all,

Firstly, Birchington will be on TSR less than usual this week as he's writing his dissertation. I'm sure that we all send our best wishes to him in doing that. Feel free to send any pressing questions to me in the meantime.

The voting poll and Q&A session are both underway to decide our two non-permanent members of the Security Council, please go here.

Also, the Security Council position of Russia is available - if you're interested, find out more here.

Discussion Topics:

New Members:
jakemittle - The Red Cross

Please feel free to continue to discuss how to improve the MUN - if you have any ideas, feel free to mention them here. Finally, head over to the chat thread to unwind and don't forget to follow us on Twitter! @TSRModelUN

Best wishes,
RoryS
DSG
Reply 28
Hi all,

First of all Birchington isn't back fully yet and I'm not sure when he will be (he keeps on popping up in places!) so feel free to send any urgent things to me in the meantime.

Next up, exciting news - our new members of the Security Council have been elected! Australia and Switzerland are our non-permanent members for 3 months. More info here.

Also, the Security Council position of Russia is still available - if you're interested, find out more here.

Discussion Topics:

New Members:
Godsboy007 - Military and Criminal Affairs Officer
pyaesone - Myanmar
david9640 - Iran
Olympiad - Bahamas

Please continue to let me know either on this thread or via PM if you use Twitter and if so what your @ name is. The Social Media Managers and I are gathering a list so we can get you involved with discussions on Twitter about international issues (see the PM I sent out yesterday).

Feel free to continue to discuss how to improve the MUN - if you have any ideas, feel free to mention them here.

Finally, head over to the chat thread to unwind and don't forget to follow us on Twitter! @TSRModelUN

Best wishes,
RoryS
DSG
Reply 29
Hi all

First of all, Birchington will be absent until Monday so feel free to send any urgent things to me in the meantime. He will deal with any PMs or queries up his return, he promised!

Next up, the poll is now up for the election of a representative for Russia. Hop along to this thread to cast your vote and continue questioning.

Discussion Topics:

(I haven't posted any new news topics this time as there's still some news stories unanswered by MUN members, I'll post some tomorrow. Feel free to post your own also!)

New Members:
St. Brynjar - Maldives
Kolasinac138 - Bosnia Herzegovina

If there's any last minute Twitter names that need to be submitted, please do it today. I'll be writing to the Social Media Managers tomorrow so we can get you involved with discussions on Twitter about international issues. Go to this thread or submit your @name via PM if you'd prefer it to be private.

Feel free to continue discussions on how to improve the MUN - go hereplease.

Finally, head over to the chat thread to chat about anything and don't forget to follow us on Twitter! Tell your friends!

Best wishes,
RoryS
DSG
Reply 30
Hi everyone,

I'm back properly now - thanks to Rory for holding down the fort whilst I was away.

Firstly, the Resolution on tensions in the Korean peninsula has gone to vote - please head over and cast your ballot when you can.

Discussion Topics:

Please stay active when you can. I intend to hold a roll call in the next few weeks, in addition to some exciting ideas I'm planning to boost activity. Stay tuned!

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 31
Hi everyone,

Firstly, there's a roll call currently ongoing. If you're still active, please let me know by posting here. Inactive members will be removed.

Secondly, we have a new hype underway! This is a chance for you to represent your states in a conflict situation. A North Korean missile has just hit the Japanese mainland - more info here.

Discussion Topics:

Resolution 2013/2 has passed.

Stay active whenever you can,

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 32
Hi everyone,

A roll call is underway here - post to let me know you're still active. Inactive members will be removed to free up positions.

A hype is also underway - a conflict between North Korea and Japan. Please head over and post when you can.

Discussion Topics
There are lots of discussion topics to get involved with, so please post when you can.

If you're new to the MUN and haven't been assigned a buddy, let us know here. Finally, head over to the chat thread to unwind!

New Members
Subbi - Japan
Hannah Taylor - Italy
Kiwicoote - Uganda
Bustabust - DR of Congo

Please stay active when you can. I'm aware it's exam season, but if you could do your best to post every few days it will be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 33
Hi all

Hope your having a good weekend so far.

We've got a hype which has recently going on but with our recent drive to kerb inactivity, as a result, we've removed the representative for North Korea for inactivity. If anyone wishes to step up to the plate pretty sharpish to represent North Korea please let me & Birchington know as soon as possible. It would be great to have some arguing the views of North Korea in light of this Hype.

NOTE: I stress that the new representative should have experience of at least one month (possibly two) to represent this position.

Big thanks to Subbi for suggesting that we fill this position promptly.

On a different note, I'll make sure an update goes out over the next few days.

Stay active folks!

Best wishes

RoryS
Deputy Secretary General
Reply 34
Hi,

We've now got a representative for North Korea.

Best wishes,

RoryS
DSG
Reply 35
Hi everyone,

The hype is in full swing - get involved when you can, it's a topical debate involving a conflict with North Korea.

A position in the Security Council is available. Head here if you fancy becoming rep for China.

A lot of people have been removed from the MUN due to inactivity - head over to the positions list to see if a position you might like is now available

Discussion Topics:

[*]UN hails 'historic' Obama drone vow
[*]North Korea says will take 'positive steps' for peace
[*]Syria opposition seeks to unify as momentum for talks builds
[*]U.S.casts doubt on credibility of Iranian election

New Members:
Craigenhogen - Belgium
redflower37 - Education, Science and Culture Officer
paddlesnap - Iran

Finally, head over to the chat thread to unwind. If you're new here and need a buddy, let us know!

Stay active when you can,

Best wishes,
Birchington
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
Hi everyone,

The election for China rep is underway, head here and take part in the Q&A and vote.

Discussion Topics:

Head over and post when you can. I also hope to complete the country descriptions wiki page by the end of June - please head here for more info and PM me your descriptions as soon as you can.

New Members:
Elena Cofaru - Romania
Francesc - Andorra
Sapphire123 - Turkey
missbanana21 - Spain

Finally, there's the chat thread where you can unwind.

Stay active when you can.

Thanks,
Birchington
Reply 37
Hi all,

Firstly, the election for China rep is still going, head here to take part in the Q&A and vote. It closes on early Friday morning.

Discussion Topics:

Some new resolutions, have your say:

Head over and post on these topics when you can.

Also, if you haven't already, submit your country descriptions as we're aiming for the Wiki page to be updated by the end of June - please head here for more info and PM Birchington your descriptions as soon as you can.

New Members:
Donniee - Italy

Finally, there's the chat thread where you can unwind. Also, if you love Twitter and fancy joining in the tweeting fun, you can follow us @TSRModelUN and use our hashtag #TSRModelUN

Stay active folks!

Thanks,
RoryS
DSG
Reply 38
Hi everyone,

Firstly, a Resolution 2013/3 has gone to vote - please cast your vote when you get 30 seconds.

Also, please PM me your country descriptions when you get a few minutes.

Discussion Topics:

New Members:
Qwertish - China
Republic1 - Serbia

Stay active, whenever you can please!

Best wishes,
Birchington
Reply 39
Hi everyone,

Just to inform you all, I am standing down as SG.

An election to elect my successor is currently underway - you have just under a week to PM me your manifestos (max 300 words). Find out more here.

It has been a great experience running the place, and I hope many of you run in the election.

Best wishes,
Birchington

Latest

Trending

Trending