The Student Room Group

Career help and confusion

Hi everyone! :smile:

It's been a couple of weeks now since i've felt like this but i feel a bit down. Since i was in year 6, I've always dreamt of myself wanting to be a lawyer but it's been 2 years now and i'm re-taking my AS year but i have no clue what i want to do in future. I thought i want to be a lawyer but i don't want to and currently i feel so lost not knowing what i want to do and it's effecting my studies as well.

I take Government and Politics, Sociology, History and English Lit and Lang and i'm going crazy with tension, literally i feel as if i'm going to fail my exams again which is de-motivating me and i feel really lonely and upset nowadays... and i absolutely HATE feeling like this because normally i'm a loud chatterbox who never shuts up! :colondollar:

Help please! :frown:
Hmm that's a tough one. I'm a politics person like you and I've always wanted to get into think tanks/policy making: it's really tough to get into but ultimately you end up designing policy for the whole country which is pretty cool.

Also have a look at civil service fast stream/normal entry. If you get in you get to design policy for things like deadly virus outbreaks (or more mundane stuff like where rail resources should be devoted to so that people can get to work in the morning :smile:)
Reply 2
Original post by Professor Oak
Hmm that's a tough one. I'm a politics person like you and I've always wanted to get into think tanks/policy making: it's really tough to get into but ultimately you end up designing policy for the whole country which is pretty cool.

Also have a look at civil service fast stream/normal entry. If you get in you get to design policy for things like deadly virus outbreaks (or more mundane stuff like where rail resources should be devoted to so that people can get to work in the morning :smile:)

Thanks so much for your comment/advice. Kind of cheered me up here! :smile: I don't know if i'm a news person as in i'm slightly lazy and slow when it comes to the brain although when i have to, i do try hard! :colondollar:
No worries :smile: glad to hear it! Haha OK well if you're not a news person maybe not, but you never know if you might be awesome at it. I reckon just do what you're interested in at Uni and don't worry about a career--you'll have plenty of opportunity to discover what you want to do while you're there

Quick Reply

Latest