The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Innerchap
Slightly off-topic but has anyone heard about the offers of mini-pupillage from One Brick Court? Offers were meant to be out by today and I am getting a little twitchy. April and the summer are going to be awful at this rate.

Oh never mind, emails out now :smile: patience is a virtue!
Original post by Mini Pupil
I know this is remarkably early for criminal sets, but as I was one of the lucky ones last year I thought I'd pop back again this year and offer to lend a hand.

Please do feel free to send me a pm if you think it would be helpful.

That's a generous offer, Mini Pupil - I may well get back to you on that when/if the time does arrive! Hope that life as a pupil is treating you very well!
Reply 62
Anyone heard back from Stone for their written stage. Wondering if rejection by silence.
Reply 63
Nothing from Stone, but 'invitations' to Quadrant's written stage were sent yesterday.
Reply 64
Nice letter through from Wilberforce today saying thanks but no thanks and another email from Serle Court saying much the same. 1st rounds have not gone so well thus far but on the bright side all good preparation for future interviews.

Anyone heard from Maitland yet? They are supposed to be in touch about first round on or before today.
Reply 65
Same for me from Wilberforce. This is my first time applying for pupillage and I must say it really isn't fun! Of course bever expected it to be easy but it's different acknowledging that in the abstract and actually experiencing it. If its any consolation re Wilberforce, I managed to sneak a peek at the interview list on the desk and there were only 12 names for the three days (4 a day) so it must have been pretty competitive to get first round :smile:. Nothing from Maitland yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 66
Meant to mention in my previous post that 4 Pump Court interviews were emailed yesterday.
Reply 67
Original post by Gigit
Same for me from Wilberforce. This is my first time applying for pupillage and I must say it really isn't fun! Of course bever expected it to be easy but it's different acknowledging that in the abstract and actually experiencing it. If its any consolation re Wilberforce, I managed to sneak a peek at the interview list on the desk and there were only 12 names for the three days (4 a day) so it must have been pretty competitive to get first round :smile:. Nothing from Maitland yet.

First time round for me too. I'm glad to be getting some interviews at this stage as I was fearing a whole pile of rejections and no interviews. Interviews are v.strange though I must say. Impossible to read whether it went well or not in my experience. Time to start thinking about the next batch of applications now...
Reply 68
Yes, getting interviews, especially at these sets, has been very encouraging. Seeings at it looks like we have applied to very similar sets, have you (or anyone) applied/heard back from Falcon? I'm wondering if it is rejection by silence since the deadline was over two weeks ago.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Gigit
Yes, getting interviews, especially at these sets, have been very encouraging. Seeings at it looks like we have applied to very similar sets, have you (or anyone) applied/heard back from Falcon? I'm wondering if it is rejection by silence since the deadline was over two weeks ago.

Hi nothing from Falcon yet. Last year the final round interviews were towards the end of February, so if they are following the same timetable, there is not much time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Maitland emails sent out today.
Reply 71
Original post by DulcetRose
Hi nothing from Falcon yet. Last year the final round interviews were towards the end of February, so if they are following the same timetable, there is not much time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first-round interviews are due to be at some point during February 2013 - still half of the month left!
Original post by Gigit

Do you mean that Wilberforce were only interviewing 12 for the first round? I know that can't be right since they told me explicitly that they were interviewing 12 in the final round.

Original post by Gigit
Yes, getting interviews, especially at these sets, has been very encouraging. Seeings at it looks like we have applied to very similar sets, have you (or anyone) applied/heard back from Falcon? I'm wondering if it is rejection by silence since the deadline was over two weeks ago.

Original post by DulcetRose

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in much the same situation, but I am sorry to report that I know people who were emailed by Falcon on Wednesday re interviews. I am of the opinion that if we haven't heard, we haven't got an interview.
Reply 73
Anyone heard from Francis Taylor?

In other news, anyone super annoyed at the cost of the BCAT? I was admitted to the BPTC last year but put it off a year, now I wish I'd held my place simple so I wouldn't have to take the BCAT.
Of course, I also think it's ridiculous that they won't accept my LSAT (law school admissions test, in the USA), which was a very good score on a much harder test, in lieu of the BCAT.
Reply 74
Original post by crimson88
Anyone heard from Francis Taylor?

In other news, anyone super annoyed at the cost of the BCAT? I was admitted to the BPTC last year but put it off a year, now I wish I'd held my place simple so I wouldn't have to take the BCAT.
Of course, I also think it's ridiculous that they won't accept my LSAT (law school admissions test, in the USA), which was a very good score on a much harder test, in lieu of the BCAT.

How much is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
£150!!!!!!! I cannot believe that.
Reply 76
Original post by Gigit
£150!!!!!!! I cannot believe that.

On top of the BSB charging me £200 to tell me my ivy league degree, as an undergrad, is good enough to fulfill the academic pre-reqs, I think the bar is trying to bankrupt me before the BPTC even starts.

Here's hoping pupillage season goes well. And hey, only 9 days until the new pupillage gateway is unveiled...
Reply 77
Am I assuming correctly that we need to pay for the pleasure of using the pupillage blackhole? So much for the Bar becoming an 'accessible' profession...
Reply 78
Original post by Gigit
Am I assuming correctly that we need to pay for the pleasure of using the pupillage blackhole? So much for the Bar becoming an 'accessible' profession...

Really hope not! We did not have to for pupillage portal, though it would not surprise me.
Reply 79
anyone heard anything at all from 1 MCB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending