Reply 20
Original post by LL1
Didn't need them last year. They should tell you if you do :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Okay thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Anybody else not heard back yet? (The nerves are kicking in)
Reply 22
Original post by 710
I couldn't find a thread for Bristol 2013 Dentistry applicants, so I thought I would make one. Seems people are getting interviews and rejections now. I'm still yet to hear from them.

Can anybody tell me anything about the interview format...the questions and how it will be.
Really apprehensive.
Would appreciate it alot.
Reply 23
Original post by uknowme
Can anybody tell me anything about the interview format...the questions and how it will be.
Really apprehensive.
Would appreciate it alot.

I've been worrying about it too, especially because preparation has been tough to fit with jan exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akzrulz
They interviewed roughly 200 and 105 got offers I think :smile: Hope that helps!

Do you know if anything needs to be taken with us like ID? Thy didn't mention anything in the emails but all other unis ask for it to do a crb check and for identification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by homeworkwiz
Do you know if anything needs to be taken with us like ID? Thy didn't mention anything in the emails but all other unis ask for it to do a crb check and for identification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I called them asking this and they said no just bring yourself and they will take a photo us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
For us last year we didnt need anything. CRB is done when you are actually at the uni :smile:
Reply 27
Sorry if someone has already asked this, but just to confirm, Bristol no longer asks you to write an essay right?
Original post by akzrulz
For us last year we didnt need anything. CRB is done when you are actually at the uni :smile:

Thanks, cod you shed some light on how your interview went last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Hey,
Is anyone being interviewed on March 20th?
Reply 30
anyone with an interview on 13th feb, dentistry session 3?
Reply 31
Original post by jvir24
anyone with an interview on 13th feb, dentistry session 3?

Thats at 1:30 right? I do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
So does anyone have any clue as to what sort of things they will ask??

I'm pretty sure of the 'why dentistry' 'Why Bristol' and 1 or more ethical scenarios, but what else??
Reply 33
The classic questions were asked why bris, why uni, why dent etc :smile:
Reply 34
But this year its in the MMI format, it will vary no? More emphasis on ethicla questions maybe?
Original post by tvischer
Hey,
Is anyone being interviewed on March 20th?

I am! Are you a first time applicant?
Reply 36
how much do people know about the MMI interview format? i haven't had an interview yet, but i have a bristol interview on wednesday...
Reply 37
Original post by niki135
Sorry if someone has already asked this, but just to confirm, Bristol no longer asks you to write an essay right?

i don't know if they ask for an essay at the interview anymore but i have heard from several sources that the essay is only to ensure that your writing style is coherent, spelling ok etc and the content is not really scrutinised. do you have an interview coming up?
Reply 38
Original post by WeAreThePeople
I am! Are you a first time applicant?

Yup. First interview as well so i'm already a bit nervous.. What about you?
Reply 39
Can you work as a normal GDP as well as a community dentist?

Quick Reply

Latest