as results- aabb in maths f.maths physics chem
predicted A*AA in maths, f.maths, physics

applying to
ucl- electrical beng
warick- general engineering beng
bristol- mech eng , beng
bath- mechatronics beng
southampton mech eng - meng

i heard that universities are more likely to give out offers to meng than beng, is this true? also rate my chances of getting an offer from these unis.
Reply 1
I can't say I've heard that they're more willing to give out places to either MEng or BEng if you asked for the other... But if they do, check their policies - Basically every university I've seen who run BEng/MEng will allow students to pick in their third year which path they will take. You can start MEng and decide to finish with a BEng, or start with BEng and promote yourself to MEng.

So check what they say - you would probably be able to switch around, so I don't see why they'd support one course heavily over the other.

A*AA seems very suitable for all of those options. Plan ahead just incase you're not quite on track though - Have an A*AA university as your main choice, but something like AAA or AAB (there are plenty of decent ABB unis too) as your insurance. A lot can happen, so have a backup.
Reply 2
Original post by MOTORMADX
as results- aabb in maths f.maths physics chem
predicted A*AA in maths, f.maths, physics

applying to
ucl- electrical beng
warick- general engineering beng
bristol- mech eng , beng
bath- mechatronics beng
southampton mech eng - meng

i heard that universities are more likely to give out offers to meng than beng, is this true? also rate my chances of getting an offer from these unis.

As SillyEddy mentioned thats good, but quite risky choices since they are all at least AAA or better. I would replace one or two with perhaps lower requirements ABB or BBB in case things go wrong.

as for what u said about being more likely to be offered MEng over BEng that is false. All applications are considered separately so dnt worry. If they think your good enough you will be offered the place. Some people dont actually achieve the MEng offer but are automatically included for BEng on that course (however this is dependant on the uni but most that i know do this) also dont forget most unis with both MEng/BEng courses will offer BEng students the option to change to MEng providing u have pretty good scores so dont think if you do BEng you cant change.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
thanks for the advise, i know a lot can happen in a year , so i will most likely change one of these choices to a lower requirement university. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest