The Student Room Group

AQA LITB1 SECTION B - possible questions/topics?

Hi i am retaking AQA LITB1 and was wondering if anyone has ideas for potential questions or examples of narrative techniques that might come up for section B,

topics before have included:

potential meanings of titles

key events

characters

time to shape the order of events

moments of crisis

repetition

endings

narrators

the gaps or of the untold stories in the narratives

descriptive language

the conventions of different genres when constructing their narratives: for example, ballads, monologues, elegies, fictive biographies, thrillers, romances.

the choice writers have made in naming or referring to their characters
narrative voice

imagery

settings

weather

dialogue

structure

beginnings

backstory/flashback

minor characters

Would really appreciate any help, plus any tips for revising the section B part. I was predicted A but came out with D in the AQA english AS exam!
Reply 1
There is a thread already for this exam here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2167542

However, I don't think you should try and guess what might come up and base your revision around this. Any of your aforementioned list may/could come up again in January. Revising questions based on that list is probably the best technique, as a lot of the stuff you look at concerning these questions can be related to many other questions also.
Reply 2
Original post by Unsworth
There is a thread already for this exam here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2167542

However, I don't think you should try and guess what might come up and base your revision around this. Any of your aforementioned list may/could come up again in January. Revising questions based on that list is probably the best technique, as a lot of the stuff you look at concerning these questions can be related to many other questions also.

Well, I am going by past paper questions already and planning and practising answers for it, but seeing as its unlikely they will come up again i think it would be good to plan for possible questions as well. I just thought it would be helpful to know ones which haven't been mentioned before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending