The Student Room Group

Re-applying to University of Dundee.

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding a problem of mine. And also if anyone has been in a similar position.

I am re-applying to a University for 2013 entry but I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, I applied to The University of Dundee last year, but I accepted an offer from another University before I got a response from Dundee. I did have a reason for this. In 2011, I had started the Summer school at Dundee, which was a 6 week course, which at the end, provided you did well, you would be offered a place at the University. I left that course shortly after it started. Just 2 weeks previously I had suffered a major bereavement in the family and I was a mess, and had to go and take a break. Before joining the summer school, I had to pack in college, as the family member that had passed, had endured a period of terminal illness. I did not wait for aresponse from Dundee because I was certain that they would reject me on this basis. Why I applied there when I had this feeling is beyond me. This year, I couldn't attend University because of major financial difficulties outwith my control. It certainly has been a couple of years plagued by bad luck and real difficulty.

Anyway, I am not trying to make a big sob story here. But Dundee has always been my number one choice, and I am hugely concerned that these factors will work against me, and I am wondering if I should contact their admissions to seek general advice with regards to this, but I do not know how that would look to them. I explain everything in my new personal statement aswell. I am also a capable student, having an HNC with a B grade, and just this year, finishing my HND with AA in the graded units, allowing me to enter 2nd year at Dundee for the degree I wish to do.

Has anyone had a similar experience in re-applying to the same University, and were they successful in getting a place? and should I seek info from their admissions department about whether these things will work against me? I'm just really worried.

Any help would be really appreciated. And any info, whether it be good or bad, would also be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending