The Student Room Group

Work load for these A Level options?

Hi, so far I've decided to take Maths, English Lit, Politics and Geography for A Level. But to keep my options open and as they go well together I'm considering taking Physics as well. I'm pretty good at Physics; I'm achieving A's at the moment and I'm not really trying too hard. My main question is what will the work load be like if I take all five subjects? My concern is that if I take five subjects then I won't have any free periods and I would probably use these to catch up on work and do homework because I don't have as much motivation at home.
Any Advice?
English Lit was incredibly easy for me. Didn't do any work outside of class and it turned out fine.
Reply 2
I'm in the exact same position as you! I definitely want to do English Lit, Philosophy, Physics and Psychology but I'm considering taking a fifth A-Level in ICT or English Language. But then again, I don't want to use up my free periods either, as it's good to homework/revision in them.

I'm not too sure about the workload, though, as I'm also [I assume you're in Y11?] in year 11. But what I'm going to do is just go for the fifth A-Level, see how it goes for the first couple of weeks and then see if the workload is too much. If it is, then I'll just drop the fifth A-Level.

Anyway good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest