The Student Room Group

Guildhall, RADA, Central (MA vs BA?). Trouble deciding for drama.

So I'm having some trouble. The first being that I want to apply to both Guildhall and RADA, but both have auditions in New York (Guildhall in January RADA in March) and I don't think I can afford to trek out their twice. I live in Los Angeles but lived in London for some time prior. Both programs seem great, and I'm trying gauge which one is better for me and more worth applying to... but I can't rule one out really.

I'm applying to Central because aside from being a great school, I have a contact there. However, my contact told me I should perhaps apply for the MA Acting course since I will be 23 in the fall and have experience (but no BA. However he said BA is not always necessary).

Does anyone know if the MA Acting is as good as the BA Acting at Central? I'm worried it's a Masters course they just lump in that doesn't have the same rep or instruction as the BA.

Also anyone with knowledge of Guildhall and RADA's differences, both in terms of the programs and the auditions would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending