The Student Room Group

BA (Hons) Illustration .....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nishagorania
Ah my anglia ruskin interview is on the 13th! Don't worry they seemed really friendly at the open day, did you go? My Lincoln interview went really well too, very friendly tutors for anyone else applying there :smile:

Ill let you know how it goes! I didn't get chance to unfortunately, did they give you any advice on the open day? Im glad they all seem friendly! :biggrin:
Thanks! Yeah they said make sure you have enough drawing in your portfolio and bring along any work or hobbies you have outside of college like scrapbooks or photography things like that cause they want to know about yourself too :smile:
Reply 22
Thanks! Yeah they said make sure you have enough drawing in your portfolio and bring along any work or hobbies you have outside of college like scrapbooks or photography things like that cause they want to know about yourself too :smile:

Hi! Thank you so much! My interview went really well! The guy who took it was really nice :smile: Is it your first choice? :smile:
Aw that's good, reassuring too haha. Urm I think second choice after Falmouth but slimmer chances of getting in there so hopefully I'll get a place at Anglia Ruskin!
Reply 24
Hi!

I've applied to
Falmouth
Anglia Ruskin
Lincoln
Portsmouth
Got interviews for the last 3 (Lincoln tomorrow! :s-smilie:)
Still waiting for Falmouth though, it's been ages since I sent off my online portfolio!

Hi, I'm waiting for a reply from Falmouth also. I've sent them my work... about 4 or 5 weeks ago?
Original post by Dangerpro
Hi, I'm waiting for a reply from Falmouth also. I've sent them my work... about 4 or 5 weeks ago?

Yeah same here! I saw some posts from last year though saying they took just about over a month to reply, so I'm not too worried yet. Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 26
Yeah same here! I saw some posts from last year though saying they took just about over a month to reply, so I'm not too worried yet. Where else have you applied? :smile:

Plymouth- I'v been and the interview went well, I got a conditonal, John Moores, Manchester metropolitan and University of Lancashire.
I wish I've picked gasgow school of art, but I recall when I checked out tthe website it wasnt illustration.
Reply 27
Aw that's good, reassuring too haha. Urm I think second choice after Falmouth but slimmer chances of getting in there so hopefully I'll get a place at Anglia Ruskin!

Hi! I got an offer from Anglia Ruskin! :biggrin:
Original post by Rach432
Hi! I got an offer from Anglia Ruskin! :biggrin:

That's brilliant! Well done, is it conditional? I've got an offer from Lincoln :smile: Waiting to hear back from Angia Ruskin.
Reply 29
That's brilliant! Well done, is it conditional? I've got an offer from Lincoln :smile: Waiting to hear back from Angia Ruskin.

Yeah it is! Congratulations! Let me know when you hear back! :biggrin:
Reply 30
Hi, I applied to:
Lincoln
Anglia Ruskin
UCA
Hertfordshire
Coventry

I've just had my final reply from Lincoln today and have conditional offers from all of them. Am now at the stage of trying to wrack my brain into picking my first choice, so does anyone else have any opinions on them? (might think of things I never considered) X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from Anglia Ruskin too!!! Just got an email! So happy, now if only Falmouth would get back to me, has anyone heard from them yet?! Still waiting to see if I got an interview

Also I think one of the things I thought about quite a bit was the studio space, places like Brighton where there wasn't your own set space or somewhere that could be quite personal/private were an automatic no.

I really like the city of Lincoln because I'm not into fast paced environments, it had a good vibe. Also accommodation find out the types of places you will be living in for the next 3 years... halls AND houses.

Just pick the Uni you think you will suit the most, and where you would be happy to study and live for the next few years
:smile:
Reply 32
I got an offer from Anglia Ruskin too!!! Just got an email! So happy, now if only Falmouth would get back to me, has anyone heard from them yet?! Still waiting to see if I got an interview

Also I think one of the things I thought about quite a bit was the studio space, places like Brighton where there wasn't your own set space or somewhere that could be quite personal/private were an automatic no.

I really like the city of Lincoln because I'm not into fast paced environments, it had a good vibe. Also accommodation find out the types of places you will be living in for the next 3 years... halls AND houses.

Just pick the Uni you think you will suit the most, and where you would be happy to study and live for the next few years
:smile:

Ah thanks for that :smile: I'd never really put personal space into the equation but I guess that could be quite useful!

Thinking harder about it, I might go with Coventry as the course is 'fine art and illustration', it gives me the best of both worlds with studio space and amazing facilities (plus I'd get into halls unlike Anglia ruskin). Urghhhhhh hate growing up lol, things were so much simpler when we were younger haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Well I've just made life decisions haha - Firmed Portsmouth and Insured Leeds College of Art :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest