The Student Room Group

would girls like a guy because he has a nice car

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imabigboynow
You guys are naive if you think girls don't like guys with nice cars. Of course girls wont admit this. but its like when they say they like nice guys etc but they end up going out with douche bags. No girl is going to say yeah i want a guy with a nice car because of the social stigma and them being called a gold digger.

Guys if you want to do well with women its better to have a nice car.

I call bs on this. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been told that Im really nice, and at the same time I do have a pretty nice car.

I mean it's not the greatest of cars, but it is pretty nice looking, and especially inside

I didn't buy it because it would attract girls, but because of it's reliability, high Mpg, reputation, devaluation etc...

I really wouldn't expect a girl to like me just because I have a "nice car"

Pic here:

can you not read? i'm not saying its the be all end all. Are you telling me you wont be more successful with girls if you had a nicer car like a range-rover or new bmw 3 series? The reason girls like nice cars is because it signals to them that the guy works hard and likes the finer things in life. I'm not saying you wont get girls if you dont have a nice car but i'm saying it definitely puts you at an advantage whether or not your believe it. its your problem
and that is a nice car if you're a student. what litre is the engine?
Original post by de_monies
I call bs on this. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been told that Im really nice, and at the same time I do have a pretty nice car.

I mean it's not the greatest of cars, but it is pretty nice looking, and especially inside

I didn't buy it because it would attract girls, but because of it's reliability, high Mpg, reputation, devaluation etc...

I really wouldn't expect a girl to like me just because I have a "nice car"

Pic here:

Hate to break it to you, but that isn't a pretty nice car............
Original post by imabigboynow
can you not read? i'm not saying its the be all end all. Are you telling me you wont be more successful with girls if you had a nicer car like a range-rover or new bmw 3 series? The reason girls like nice cars is because it signals to them that the guy works hard and likes the finer things in life. I'm not saying you wont get girls if you dont have a nice car but i'm saying it definitely puts you at an advantage whether or not your believe it. its your problem

There's a saying, Guys with Range Rovers are *****. Guys with sports cars have small penises, as they need a fast car to compensate.

Thinking that a car gets you a girl is reminiscent of Fast and Furious. F+F is not real life.

Grow up, and become an actual big boy, not the one that is used for your username.
Original post by Friggerpants
Hate to break it to you, but that isn't a pretty nice car............

By student standards, it's pretty good :biggrin:

I mean yeah it's no BMW 320d or Merceded E class car, but I don't really see many students driving cars that cost this much

I mean I don't want to brag or any thing either, but I'm saying that it's not a bad car
Original post by Guills on wheels
There's a saying, Guys with Range Rovers are *****. Guys with sports cars have small penises, as they need a fast car to compensate.

I go for the high Mpg, low tax, reliable, relatively nice looking and cars that devalue well. What does that make me :biggrin:
Reply 67
I think girls are b/sing.... A nice car = potential gold digging.
Reply 68
Depends on the girl doesn't it?

I met my other half when we were both racing at santapod drag strip. She turned up in an '85 Porsche 944 and I had a little '79 1.8 MGB GT. Nearly 5 years on we've got a house, business, 4 cars and a fish together.

If you're passionate about cars and you'd love to be with someone who shares that passion then it'll all work out.
If on the other hand you're expecting someone to worship and idolise you because of the car you drive, well, that just makes you out to be a cock-end.
If a girl is attracted to a guy over the car he's got, then you need to expect said girl to be into cars. Also, if you're the sort of insecure guy that would be uncomfortable working on a car with a girl or going racing with a girl I would suggest you look at meeting members of the opposite sex via other means.

Nicola and I work on all our cars together, we go racing and we go to meets together and do it all as equalls. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's a photo from the day we met with the cars we had back then....

... and racing against each other at the same event last July.

Original post by de_monies
I go for the high Mpg, low tax, reliable, relatively nice looking and cars that devalue well. What does that make me :biggrin:

Sensible.
When I first met my bf, he had a beat up old Fiesta. So no, the type of car a guy has makes no difference whatsoever as to whether I like him or not.
you are probably not very good looking. the hot girls care about what cars you drive. but like i said its not the be all end all
Reply 72
Wouldn't say a girl would like a guy cause of his car, but the car would definitely help get their attention.
Original post by JC.
Depends on the girl doesn't it?

I met my other half when we were both racing at santapod drag strip. She turned up in an '85 Porsche 944 and I had a little '79 1.8 MGB GT. Nearly 5 years on we've got a house, business, 4 cars and a fish together.

If you're passionate about cars and you'd love to be with someone who shares that passion then it'll all work out.
If on the other hand you're expecting someone to worship and idolise you because of the car you drive, well, that just makes you out to be a cock-end.
If a girl is attracted to a guy over the car he's got, then you need to expect said girl to be into cars. Also, if you're the sort of insecure guy that would be uncomfortable working on a car with a girl or going racing with a girl I would suggest you look at meeting members of the opposite sex via other means.

Nicola and I work on all our cars together, we go racing and we go to meets together and do it all as equalls. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's a photo from the day we met with the cars we had back then....

... and racing against each other at the same event last July.

JC, you ain't on 'This is your Life'
Reply 74
Original post by PataynaRolaay
JC, you ain't on 'This is your Life'

Shush.
Yeah they will. But not the kind of girls I'm into

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Well that depends, I'm a male so idk what you females think but, if the driver/owner of the "nice car", is a **** then he is most likely going to be the same towards you!

Irony is imagining a guy driving a new Lamborghini but instead of taking a hot girl, his mother to shopping xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JC.
Shush.

Them cars do look quite mean, especially the one on the right
I don't care about cars because I don't particularly like travelling in them. Also he may be a **** driver and crash.
The OP thinks he's in Fast and Furious, obviously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending