The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Is Lancaster uni too far for me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by didaflam
so far so good, everyone has their own room and own bathroom, unlike other dorms where you have to share your room.
It has a realllly good bar that holds the big parties whenever they happen, and they have alot of good sports teams

Haha awesome, my friend goes that college and he's been telling me the same thing; now I know that he's not lying :P

Thanks for the info :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by didaflam
so far so good, everyone has their own room and own bathroom, unlike other dorms where you have to share your room.
It has a realllly good bar that holds the big parties whenever they happen, and they have alot of good sports teams

Just to clarify, at Lancaster all rooms are single occupancy. [Unlike Durham, for example.]
The only exceptions are the twin-studios [which cost around £120 a week, as they have a kitchen area and ensuite like a standalone flat]. I think I've heard of a couple of cases where people have shared for the first few weeks of term as rooms have been scarce, but if that does happen, I don't know anyone who experienced it. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Just to clarify, at Lancaster all rooms are single occupancy. [Unlike Durham, for example.]
The only exceptions are the twin-studios [which cost around £120 a week, as they have a kitchen area and ensuite like a standalone flat]. I think I've heard of a couple of cases where people have shared for the first few weeks of term as rooms have been scarce, but if that does happen, I don't know anyone who experienced it. :smile:

I believe as long as you firm your offer they should provide you with a single room :smile:
Original post by IntenseSoldier
I believe as long as you firm your offer they should provide you with a single room :smile:

They promise to provide a room. I don't believe it states anywhere that is has to be a single room. :redface: As mentioned, there have been cases in the past where demand has far outstripped supply and it was at that time when people were asked to share for just a couple of weeks until a room became available... It certainly isn't anything to worry about.

I only mentioned it to clarify that all the rooms at Lancaster are single occupancy [as the previous post potentially implied that was a special benefit of Lonsdale] unless you opt for a twin studio. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending