The Student Room Group

looking too young for university.

Scroll to see replies

I am 23 and look very different from the 18 yr old me. Don't worry about it.
Reply 21
I'm a lot older than you, 26 in fact and I've always been taken for younger than I am - most people think I'm between 18-20 as I'm only 5' 1" and my face hasn't changed much since I was 16. One thing I'd definitely recommend are heels - I'm rarely seen without them, even if they're only about 2 inches. Not only do they give me some much needed height but I also walk more confidently in them. It's not about wearing massive heels just even a nice ankle boot with a pair of jeans!

I don't find I get ID'd too often going out because I dress my age but often get ID'd buying alcohol from supermarkets and off licenses.
Reply 22
Original post by motoe
I'm a lot older than you, 26 in fact and I've always been taken for younger than I am - most people think I'm between 18-20 as I'm only 5' 1" and my face hasn't changed much since I was 16. One thing I'd definitely recommend are heels - I'm rarely seen without them, even if they're only about 2 inches. Not only do they give me some much needed height but I also walk more confidently in them. It's not about wearing massive heels just even a nice ankle boot with a pair of jeans!

I don't find I get ID'd too often going out because I dress my age but often get ID'd buying alcohol from supermarkets and off licenses.

lol heals ahaha im a guy so im pretty sure heals are not a solution :smile:
If you're in university, people are going to know you're 18. If you're in a club people are going to know you're 18 - they don't let 14 year olds into clubs. Don't worry about it, seriously.
Reply 24
Whoops, just realized that - doh! Was going to suggest makeup to look older, but guess that idea's out too! Don't worry about it, as soon as you get ID'd at a bar a couple of times the bouncers will get to know you and you'll get in no problems after that!
Reply 25
Original post by motoe
Whoops, just realized that - doh! Was going to suggest makeup to look older, but guess that idea's out too! Don't worry about it, as soon as you get ID'd at a bar a couple of times the bouncers will get to know you and you'll get in no problems after that!

lol thanks for that :smile:
Original post by jama mj
hi i just turned 18 recently and i just finished my university applications and what not, im starting to get really worried about looking too young for uni im only 5'2 ft and i have a really young looking face. people usually say i look 14 or even 13 and its really awkward starting new classes because people usually stare at me like im some lost kid lol and i making friends is not easy because people treat me like im a child everywhere i go so i normally like to just stay home and my social life is almost nonexistent. i don't know if its a medical problem i haven't been to see any doctors or anything but i feel normal and i went through puberty late at 15 but everything was fine except i didn't get any older looking. im confident and friendly but usually i get along with people fine but i have trouble making real friends and i feel it my be down to this problem because i doubt anyone would want to go to a bar or club with someone who looks like a kid right? can anyone give any advice or know anyone in a similar position thanks.

Whine, whine, whine. "I am ugly", "I am too young", "my appearance is unfortunate", "I am pathetic", etc. Teenagers are persistent in their ignorance and misconstrued priorities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending