The Student Room Group

Sister

Hey people,
I have an amazing little sister whos 9 years old,
and being an older sister, i feel deeply responsible for her.

I've had such an amazing childhood and now when i look at my little sister's life,
it's not the same,
my parents don't give the same attention, as they gave me when i was younger,

She always comes to me telling me she's bored and cause she's quite shy, it's hard for her to make lots of friends,
i really believe this is because she is incredibly mature for someone her age,
i even find sometimes she can look after the whole family,

I'm currently doing my a-levels, and i'm working extremely hard, so i find myself working almost everyday ( i have to.. otherwise i really would fail)

and she always comes and wants me to give her some attention,

which i do but i can't spends a lot of time,

I've talked to my mum about this many times, but she hasn't reacted at all, and sometimes she tells me i'm her favourite daughter, which i always tell her off for. my mums a good person however.

How can i improve my little sister's life, especially when i can't find any time,
i want a better life for her,

I've already tried talking to my parents.

Thanks, any help is appropriate
Reply 1
I'm in the same position as you atm (alevels/work) and i find it hard to, especially being the eldest of 6 children, dividing my time equally is impossible.

I don't really know how to help but i usually buy the littler ones little gifts from the pound store as i'm pretty skint.

With my sister who slightly younger, i sit with her of a night and talk to her about things and give her my time then.

How about after studies one night, take the night off and go cinema or for a meal with her. i know it's hard cos of alevels but 2hours would mean the world to her

Its real sweet of you that you wish to help your sisters life. I hope you find a way that you can share together.
Reply 2
My older sister was doing A-levels when I was 8/9. My mum couldn't take care of me and my younger siblings because she had depression/schizophrenia and my other older siblings were busy with their social lives (I come from a large family of 6 siblings not including me). What my older sister would do is take me and my younger brother and sister swimming during the half term, and sometimes after she finished college/we finished school she would buy doughnuts and pastries and we'd have tea together - she'd sometimes ask about our day and we'd love telling her. When she had more time like in the summer holidays she would buy us arts and crafts materials and we would make stuff together like rockets made from cardboard and foil. She was a good older sister :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending