The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I haven't checked up on this myself, but the RCVS will probably have the best information (http://www.rcvs.org.uk/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=89965&int1stParentNodeID=89647).
There's information of the career, FAQs, and approved places to study.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Are you currently doing A Levels? If so in what subjects?
Reply 3
There are several ways you can train to be a veterinary nurse. The most common is training whilst you are working at a vets. You spend at least two years working in an approved training practice, during which time you will attend college, usually on a day-release basis. You will take two independent exams set by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in addition to being assessed at work. You will gain a RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Nursing and a NVQ/SVQ in Veterinary Nursing at Level 2 or 3 (Level 2 is roughly equivalent GCSEs and Level 3 is roughly equivalent to A-levels.) You can also do a Veterinary Nursing degree, but I’m not sure of all the info about that.
The entry requirements are 5 GCSEs at a minimum of grade C. These must include English Language and either mathematics and a science subject or two science subjects. Any equivalent qualifications are normally considered. The British Veterinary Nursing Association provides a pre-veterinary nursing access course for candidates without suitable entry qualifications.

There will probably be some info on here (the british veterinary nursing association. It might also be worth you arranging some work experience at a vets to see what a vet nurse does, and what it all involves. You can talk to the nurses there as well and find out what route they qualified via.

Latest

Trending

Trending