The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What tablet-device should I buy?...

So Im going to be firming Lancaster. And I've recently bought a new laptop, stuck between getting an iPad or the samsung note (main purpose will be for lectures).

I don't want to buy an notebook.

I already have the iPhone 4S.

My laptop has windows 8.

So i don't care about operating systems mainly, spec, processors, display, storage etc.

Is it hard to "jailbreak" samsung note?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 its great and can be used as a phone as you can insect a sim card in it and l own one really good.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by tintinmac
Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 its great and can be used as a phone as you can insect a sim card in it and l own one really good.

I don't need a phone or 3G i have my iPhone for that lol.

Original post by Tish
I don't need a phone or 3G i have my iPhone for that lol.

Its not a phone its a tablet, its just an extra feature
Reply 4
Original post by tintinmac
Its not a phone its a tablet, its just an extra feature

Oh right :smile:

You should get the iPad 2 (larger screen than the new mini iPad)
or that new Windows tablet, it looks amazing :drool:

or buy a fablet like the Galaxy Note 2! < It's easy to root (jailbreak)

ps. where in the UK do you live?
I'm from London and I got my offer for computer science too. Although my friends think I'm crazy going to a University that's 200 miles way :L Just need to make sure I'm sane lol
Reply 6
Original post by IntenseSoldier
You should get the iPad 2 (larger screen than the new mini iPad)
or that new Windows tablet, it looks amazing :drool:

or buy a fablet like the Galaxy Note 2! < It's easy to root (jailbreak)

ps. where in the UK do you live?
I'm from London and I got my offer for computer science too. Although my friends think I'm crazy going to a University that's 200 miles way :L Just need to make sure I'm sane lol

Nice options, I think i'll think about it more later on in 2013.

And i'm from the West Midlands haha.

Lancaster is like 1hr 50 on the train (no changes). Kind of a long journey, but when I've got something to occupy myself with like a magazine, the journey is not that long.

And are you on about Lancaster, if so are you going to the open day?
Original post by Tish
Nice options, I think i'll think about it more later on in 2013.

And i'm from the West Midlands haha.

Lancaster is like 1hr 50 on the train (no changes). Kind of a long journey, but when I've got something to occupy myself with like a magazine, the journey is not that long.

And are you on about Lancaster, if so are you going to the open day?

Yep:smile: Which open day are you going to? My welcome letter has given me four dates on which I can come and visit. (Yes I am talking about Lancaster :P )
Reply 8
Original post by IntenseSoldier
Yep:smile: Which open day are you going to? My welcome letter has given me four dates on which I can come and visit. (Yes I am talking about Lancaster :P )

I dont know me an my two mates gonna discuss it when go back after half term

The Kindle Fire HD is fantastic - I got it for Christmas and it's a good size, really nice operating system, great speakers, brilliant display, the only thing is it's only 7 inch so if you're looking for an iPad type thing, it's a bit smaller. But still really good :biggrin:
Why would you need a laptop and a tablet for a lecture? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Bennnnnnnnnnnnnn
Why would you need a laptop and a tablet for a lecture? :smile:

Laptop will stay in my room.
Tablet for lecture and just to use in general.

Reply 12
I've got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 10.1 inch and its brilliant. Cheaper than an iPad and not far off at all in terms of technical quality - but much cheaper. The 'S-pen' is great for handwritten notes, photo editing, formula and all that jazz. Its a powerful tablet, maybe lacks some of the style of an Apple - but it's good at what it does. Comes with a fairly decent office suite too.
Reply 13
Original post by bigjoey99
I've got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 10.1 inch and its brilliant. Cheaper than an iPad and not far off at all in terms of technical quality - but much cheaper. The 'S-pen' is great for handwritten notes, photo editing, formula and all that jazz. Its a powerful tablet, maybe lacks some of the style of an Apple - but it's good at what it does. Comes with a fairly decent office suite too.

Sounds good :smile:

Just booked a holiday with friends so. Ill look soon for the device.

Quick Reply