The Student Room Group

cambridge mphil econ with a 2.1

I have achieved a good 2.1 from ucl, with a predicted first, in a combined economics degree. Will I even stand a chance in applying to the cambridge mphil economics or finance and economics course?
Reply 1
Original post by lucyabc
I have achieved a good 2.1 from ucl, with a predicted first, in a combined economics degree. Will I even stand a chance in applying to the cambridge mphil economics or finance and economics course?

I think you would, because around 33% get offers. It is not that competitive in comparison to MPhil Finance let's say. As long as you have high marks close to 70 or above for Econometrics, Stats, Maths, Micro and Macro. I belive you have a very good chance.

Also if you are in top 10% of you cohort and have some extraciricular activites as well as great references with the statement of your percentile of your cohort then you should have a decent chance I belive.

Just my personla Opinion.=)
Reply 2
Original post by Kostopintos
I think you would, because around 33% get offers. It is not that competitive in comparison to MPhil Finance let's say. As long as you have high marks close to 70 or above for Econometrics, Stats, Maths, Micro and Macro. I belive you have a very good chance.

Also if you are in top 10% of you cohort and have some extraciricular activites as well as great references with the statement of your percentile of your cohort then you should have a decent chance I belive.

Just my personla Opinion.=)

Thank you so much for the reply! It is very motivating, I will definitely try and apply :smile:
Reply 3
i think they need strictly first !!! even people who got 2.1 from Cambridge in economics got rejected for the mphill. Of course, you can try and hope for a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending