The Student Room Group

what should i do when a girl asks me to help her?

A girl once asked me to help her take her card out from her hadnbag when we were on an outing. It was drizzling and she was holding an umbrella with one hand and her wallet with another. she asked me nicely to help her take out her bank card from her handbag. and i did.

now that i think back about what happened, i wonder if i did the right thing.

if i helped her, i might be (or already) seen as a "nice guy" or "doormat", and thats what i dont want girls to think of me.

but if i told her to DIY instead, i might piss her off and make her upset, that is also what i do not want her to feel about me.

So if this happens to you, what would u do? what is the right thing to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Help her??! Seriously, what kind of question is this? :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Lol OP are you serious? She just asked you to help her get her card out.... Its just plain retarded not to help...
bizarre.
Reply 4
why are guys so afraid of being nice guys, seriously, being a nice guy isn't a choice, you either are or are not.

Simple test, would you do it for a male mate you didn't want to bang? Yes, then do it, no, then don't.

Doing something for a girl you want to bang doesn't make you a nice guy, it makes you a guy, a guy trying to get laid.

simples
Wow your getting all funny because you helped her? Pathetic, I bet she was grateful, a ****ing doormat really?
Reply 6
Better go find her glass slipper too mate.
Reply 7
wow i didnt expect to get these many replies in 3am ... I know i sound like i m a sensitive person but i learn it the hard way. When it comes to human relation we simply have to be sensitive because every small detail we overlook might change people's perception towards you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
double post--
troll for sure
Reply 10
Original post by Silver Lining
troll for sure

if im trolling i would be using anonymous already.

the fact that i am not anon shows that im not trolling.
You must drive yourself crazy analysing every detail when you're with a girl rather than enjoying her company.
Reply 12
Original post by cyxstudio
wow i didnt expect to get these many replies in 3am ... I know i sound like i m a sensitive person but i learn it the hard way. When it comes to human relation we simply have to be sensitive because every small detail we overlook might change people's perception towards you.

Well I come alive in the night time so thats why your getting my response :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by ZRO
Well I come alive in the night time so thats why your getting my response :wink:

thank you, dont you agree that if i told her to stfu and diy it would make me a bit like a bad boy and alpha male? or it would completely turn her off?
if im trolling i would be using anonymous already.

the fact that i am not anon shows that im not trolling.

maybe you forgot to press the anon button? jokes.

but on a serious note, what you did was right, no need to speculate around things that don't matter
What female doesn't keep her cards in her wallet?
Come on that's a load of crap, I've got specific sections for coins and everything, you're telling me her card (I presume credit/debit) is in her bag but she's HOLDING HER WALLET?
Yeah ok.
In any event, I would hardly consider doing her one favour the definition of doormat behaviour.
And what's wrong with the nice guy? If I were her and you told me DIY I'd be highly offended. It's not exactly a hardship for you to grab the card is it?
So essentially you want women to think you're an ass.
Smooth. Very smooth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
What this girl asked you to do shows she has a lot of trust in you, I doubt she sees you as a doormat.

Enjoy your time with her, if you both like each other, go for it, don't spend all your time overthinking it yet, it will just drive you insane.
Reply 17
Original post by question&answer
What female doesn't keep her cards in her wallet?
Come on that's a load of crap, I've got specific sections for coins and everything, you're telling me her card (I presume credit/debit) is in her bag but she's HOLDING HER WALLET?
Yeah ok.
In any event, I would hardly consider doing her one favour the definition of doormat behaviour.
And what's wrong with the nice guy? If I were her and you told me DIY I'd be highly offended. It's not exactly a hardship for you to grab the card is it?
So essentially you want women to think you're an ass.
Smooth. Very smooth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know, maybe her card fell into her handbag when she was taking it out, i am just telling from what i remember.

i want women to think that i am a bad boy /alpha male, a bit of an ass would be good. :smile:

Original post by abbroseee
What this girl asked you to do shows she has a lot of trust in you, I doubt she sees you as a doormat.

Enjoy your time with her, if you both like each other, go for it, don't spend all your time overthinking it yet, it will just drive you insane.

LOL no it was an outing with a group of friends, not one to one. Its NOT a date.

Seriously i think i am the last person on earth she will ever like. well i do like her, but i cannot wish for the other way round.
(edited 11 years ago)
I dont know, maybe her card fell into her handbag when she was taking it out, i am just telling from what i remember.

i want women to think that i am a bad boy /alpha male, a bit of an ass would be good. :smile:

Bit shady but ok. Then like someone else said she obviously trusts you. I barely trust my best friends to sift through mine. You know what they say about a woman's handbag...

But seriously being an ass is not good. Self confident, even slightly arrogant, yes. Ass, no.
But you know, some women like that. Unlikely seeing as she trusts you to grab her card, but you never know.
Just please do not pull the I AM MAN thing. No one likes pre historic control freaks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what the fooking hell have i just read

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending