The Student Room Group

ICT Level 2 OCR- Grade Help!

Last year I completed the National First Certificate in the OCR Nationals, which is the equivalent of 3 G.C.S.E. grades.

I got Distinctions in all 9 of the units I completed, so did this make me eligible for a distinction star? I did not get distinctions in every assessment objective, so is this a requirement? If I did get a distinction star, would it be the equivalent of 3 high As, 2 As and one A* or 3 A*s? According to my ICT teacher I was supposed to be put through as a distinction star, but he was off when the work was being submitted and the substitute teacher put it through as a distinction.

One of my units, unit 18 was not put through for marking so I only have 2 G.C.S.E. equivalents, which is very frustrating as I worked really hard for it. Will I need to redo the whole thing to get the 3 grades, or can it be sorted out? I've completed all the work necessary, it just wasn't put through. I am in year 12 now, so is it too late to fix this?

Sorry about the mini essay, but my teachers haven't got too far with this and know hardly anything about it, and I hoped someone on here would know. Thank you very much!
There is no distinction star grade on the OCR Nationals course. The highest grade is a distinction. Your current teachers are able to submit your unit 18 coursework still.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by meilegg
Last year I completed the National First Certificate in the OCR Nationals, which is the equivalent of 3 G.C.S.E. grades.

I got Distinctions in all 9 of the units I completed, so did this make me eligible for a distinction star? I did not get distinctions in every assessment objective, so is this a requirement? If I did get a distinction star, would it be the equivalent of 3 high As, 2 As and one A* or 3 A*s? According to my ICT teacher I was supposed to be put through as a distinction star, but he was off when the work was being submitted and the substitute teacher put it through as a distinction.

One of my units, unit 18 was not put through for marking so I only have 2 G.C.S.E. equivalents, which is very frustrating as I worked really hard for it. Will I need to redo the whole thing to get the 3 grades, or can it be sorted out? I've completed all the work necessary, it just wasn't put through. I am in year 12 now, so is it too late to fix this?

Sorry about the mini essay, but my teachers haven't got too far with this and know hardly anything about it, and I hoped someone on here would know. Thank you very much!

I am doing ict level 2 this year any advice on courseworks/units that maybe you can give me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending