The Student Room Group

If you told a guy/girl you liked them but...

If you told a guy/girl you liked the but they didn't necessarily see you in that way, but just as friends, but you gave it time, do you think there's more of a chance they'll like you back compared to if you never said anything?
Probbaly not, it would probably just make things awkward
Reply 2
Well there's some evidence to say that expressing interest in someone is a great way to ignite their interest in return. I think it's an ego thing and it makes sense to me. It's hard to feel intensely attracted to someone who shows minimal interest in you, no matter how hot/lovely they are - whereas I'm sure everyone's had some less than perfect person who's showed interest in them and for some reason you've found yourself feeling the same...

I think rather than outright being like 'I like you', which can come across as a bit serious, maybe try and build some sexual tension - act interested, rather than spelling it out explicitly. Ease them out of the friend zone.
Reply 3
No, there's just more of a chance that you'll become more emotionally attached and accepting that it will never happen will become much harder. Trust me, from experience I know that continuing the friendship is not a good idea. Take some time where you don't communicate with them at all, until you feel that just a friendship is all you want, or at least would work really well for you and you've accepted the situation. Explain this to your friend, and say that if all goes well you should make contact in a few months. Make sure to be strict with yourself as to when you're ready for this, however, and don't shy away from the facts.
Reply 4
No.
Though it did work for my parents.
But still no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending