The Student Room Group

GCSE Past Papers, Material and Requests Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
does anyone have IGCSE math ebook or know web address that contain IGCSE ebook collection for free download???

[email protected]
Billy_69
Im not sure if theyre the same as the new one because when I was at school the highest grade you could achieve on a foundation paper was a D and now its a pass at C grade.

Can anybody find me last years papers? All I know is I have 2 GCSE Maths AQA Foundation exams. Probably caluclator and non-calculator. Not sure wtf this modular stuff means?

Much appreciated.

Look here under Question papers and mark schemes (Specification A - linear)

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/maths_ict/current/maths_materials.php?id=01&prev=01>#

The summer and November 2008 papers should be similar to yours but remember that the specification changed and no longer includes coursework. Your are right that papers before 2008 were at 3 tiers (foundation, intermediate and higher) so older foundation papers will generally be easier than the new ones where you are able to achieve a higher grade.

If you don't know wtf modular stuff is then you aren't doing it :smile:
Students taking "modular" study the same maths but have several exams spread over the two years of their GCSE studies. They will also have a calc and non-calc paper in the summer but it will be a shorter paper than yours.
Reply 302
Thanks mate. So basically all the foundation papers pre-2008 are going to be a lot easier? Thats funny because I actually found the 2008 foundation paper a lot easier!

I was wondering why the 2007 paper was so different from the 2008 paper. Is it likely that this paper I'm about to do will be similar to the 2008 one?
Billy_69
Thanks mate. So basically all the foundation papers pre-2008 are going to be a lot easier? Thats funny because I actually found the 2008 foundation paper a lot easier!

I was wondering why the 2007 paper was so different from the 2008 paper. Is it likely that this paper I'm about to do will be similar to the 2008 one?

More like May/June or November 2008 than 2007 or earlier.
Yes, in general the papers from 2008 onwards should be a little harder than the older ones as they have questions to test the C level material. But not A LOT harder you might hardly spot the difference. Papers can vary a bit in difficulty from year to year as well so they adjust the pass marks up or down for a particular grade to maintain consistency.
*edit.

woops, just realised this is the GCSE thread. my bad :smile:
Reply 305
gdunne42
More like May/June or November 2008 than 2007 or earlier.
Yes, in general the papers from 2008 onwards should be a little harder than the older ones as they have questions to test the C level material. But not A LOT harder you might hardly spot the difference. Papers can vary a bit in difficulty from year to year as well so they adjust the pass marks up or down for a particular grade to maintain consistency.

I actually cant get the June 2008 paper. It isnt on the official AQA website. Any idea where I'll be able to get it from?

Cheers
Hi,

I am after the mark scheme for the OCR GCSE Maths intermediate, which was on 13th January 2006. Paper 2, A and B.

Does anyone have this..? would really appreciate it.
Hey,
I REALLY REALLY badly need the Edexcel GCSE May 2008 and June 2003 papers.
Please w/ mark schemes if possible, if there are more than one type then send all please

Much appreciated :woo:
Hey, can someone please post Edexcel GCSE Mathematics June 2003 and May 2008 papers please,
Much appreciated
Hey,

Does anyone have any exam papers for the extension units (Edexcel) B3, C3, P3 units? I think there is a specimen paper and last year's exam; I don't think there are any more...

Rep will be given.

Thanks a lot! :wink:
You're right, last years Year 11's were the first to take the extension unit! I feel for them, they must have only had the specimen paper. We haven't been given last years paper yet (infact, my teacher hasn't got the time to finish C3 with us, ARGH!).
xoxjubixox
You're right, last years Year 11's were the first to take the extension unit! I feel for them, they must have only had the specimen paper. We haven't been given last years paper yet (infact, my teacher hasn't got the time to finish C3 with us, ARGH!).

Hey

We're just finishing P3 now. :frown: I wanted to try the papers before we go over them in class though. I'll have a look on freeexampapers and see what I can find.
Anyone? :o:

Any ideas?
Reply 314
Hmmm, our class is going through C3 and it sure as hell is confusing. I've got a chance of getting an A in Chemistry (if I get it its probably the biggest guessing an answer A) but the damn C3 is too hard.,
Ultimate1
Hmmm, our class is going through C3 and it sure as hell is confusing. I've got a chance of getting an A in Chemistry (if I get it its probably the biggest guessing an answer A) but the damn C3 is too hard.,

Yeah some areas are quite hard, but Chemistry is probably my best subject.
Reply 316
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any of the Past Papers for Edexcel's GCSE Resistant Materials Full Course...........Higher. It would be great if you have the June 2006 and below ones please.

Reply 317
I tried searching on Google but I kind of kept ending up on the same page http://www.mei.org.uk/meiresources/ampapers.php which requires a password

Anyone know where I could get OCR FSMQ past papers... I'm looking for mark schemes in particular because I have the past papers given by my school. Then again past papers wouldn't hurt but mainly mark schemes.

Thanks in advance
x10
I tried searching on Google but I kind of kept ending up on the same page http://www.mei.org.uk/meiresources/ampapers.php which requires a password

Anyone know where I could get OCR FSMQ past papers... I'm looking for mark schemes in particular because I have the past papers given by my school. Then again past papers wouldn't hurt but mainly mark schemes.

Thanks in advance

If you want 2003 2004 and 2005 private message me an email address.

You might find this list of formulae you have to learn is useful for your revision.AddMFormula.doc

Quick Reply

Latest