The Student Room Group

India Rep Election - THE VOTE

It's now time to vote for the new MUN rep for India.

Although a Q&A session has already been held, feel free to ask more questions to the candidates if you wish!

We have two excellent candidates standing, so check out their manifestos below and cast your vote!

Cheese_MonsterHi guys, my real name is Sheldon (I should earn votes from Big Bang Theory fans) and I would say my greatest facet is my level of activity in the MUN. As the representative for Belarus, I’ve demonstrated that I have a sense of humour , a willingness to engage other users in debate and a strong thirst for geo-political knowledge. When I first started to represent Belarus, I had no idea about the workings of the MUN, after thorough research, I’d like to think I’m slightly more learned and I would emulate this wholeheartedly given the opportunity to do so with India.

I believe I’ve represented Belarus accurately (most of the time) and would do the same for India. Above all, my activity in the MUN would be an asset to the Security Council who are often seen as segregated from other ordinary members of the General Assembly. I have a personal desire to represent India with familial links and a love interest :wink: , which would help me better understand their politics through thorough research and consequential debate in the MUN.

If you want a rep for India who is active, down-to-Earth whilst professional, vote Cheese_Monster

PierceBrosnan
The Republic of India

India is a nation that will soon be a major world power in our globalised world. From the tea we drink to the cotton our clothes are made out of India played its part. India has been a significant nation from Indus valley trading to Gandhi's civil disobedience. I have represented both Switzerland and Jordan to what I believe is a high standard and therefore I feel I am ready for a position on the Security Council.

If you vote for me you will vote for...

- Someone who has had experience in MUN

- Someone who is knowledgeable in the history of India.

- Someone who is active within MUN

- Someone who knows what they are doing

- Someone who is half Indian :cool: .

If you want an active Indian representative with experience and knowledge. Vote PierceBrosnan!

I wish my opponent(s) the best of luck.

RON

Scroll to see replies

I would just like to wish good luck to my excellent opposing candidates Cheese_Monster and Mr RON Burgundy. May the best man win.
Original post by PierceBrosnan
I would just like to wish good luck to my excellent opposing candidates Cheese_Monster and Mr RON Burgundy. May the best man win.

Cheese_Monster echoes the sentiments of PierceBrosnan. Hahaha, did that give you a smile ? :wink:

Anyway, I hope everyone makes an effort to vote, whatever the outcome, just tick a box and you've done your bit for MUN democracy. Cheers :beerglass:

And have a Merry Christmas!

Perhaps we need to see a bi monthly hype. These once a month hypes are good and all but I don't think they generate well... hype. Admittedly, the vague response are the easiest once such as "[Insert country name] echoes the sentiments of [Previous country]". Admittedly I do this sometimes. I've been in MUN for nearly a year now, both thunder_chunky and Birchington have done extraordinarily well as SG's so far (Well in Birchington's case he's only just started), I hope he sends reform flying our way.

I definitely agree with a bi monthly hype- I couldn't really get involved in the last one because Belarus really has nothing to say about the Eurozone! Sometimes it is the easiest response, but i'm yet to do that, mainly because Belarus doesn't agree with anyone but Russia :wink: I'm sure once all the inactive reps have gone on the 27th, more desirable positions will be freed!

Aye, Modern Liberalism . I've actually never submitted any bill mainly because all the good bills have been done and also, they've all been taken. Again, I agree with you on bill formatting. I actually can't wait to see the new yearly bills. I expect high praise across the board from yours. I want to make 2013 a more active year for myself on both MUN and MHoC. I really want to make a good bill that there can be a general consensus on in the new year. And even if it's rubbish it can't be as bad as the **** internetguru has come out with :P.

Well the political philosopher I most agree with (after Arne Naess) is John Rawls, so I can see the overlap :tongue: Ah, well if you feel passionate about an issue like I do about food being wasted, its worth making a bill. Luckily my party are excellent at helping me structure it so i'm sure you'll see it in the New Year!

True, i'm sad he's been banned, he made every other bill/motion look persuasive!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Cheese_Monster echoes the sentiments of PierceBrosnan. Hahaha, did that give you a smile ? :wink:

Anyway, I hope everyone makes an effort to vote, whatever the outcome, just tick a box and you've done your bit for MUN democracy. Cheers :beerglass:

And have a Merry Christmas!

I definitely agree with a bi monthly hype- I couldn't really get involved in the last one because Belarus really has nothing to say about the Eurozone! Sometimes it is the easiest response, but i'm yet to do that, mainly because Belarus doesn't agree with anyone but Russia :wink: I'm sure once all the inactive reps have gone on the 27th, more desirable positions will be freed!

Well the political philosopher I most agree with (after Arne Naess) is John Rawls, so I can see the overlap :tongue: Ah, well if you feel passionate about an issue like I do about food being wasted, its worth making a bill. Luckily my party are excellent at helping me structure it so i'm sure you'll see it in the New Year!

True, i'm sad he's been banned, he made every other bill/motion look persuasive!

[Insert country name] echoes the above sentiments of [previous country name].
Reply 4
The uk wishes both candidates in this election to represent our great colony of India :colone:
Original post by cl_steele
The uk wishes both candidates in this election to represent our great colony of India :colone:

:colone: former colony mind. :bhangra:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cl_steele

You cheeky monkey. :bhangra:
To rival PierceBrosnan's inevitable victory at the hands of his beautifully placed photo, i've decided to up the ante with my own election campaign photograph-

IMG_0155.JPG
To rival PierceBrosnan's inevitable victory at the hands of his beautifully placed photo, i've decided to up the ante with my own election campaign photograph-

IMG_0155.JPG

:P You will win solely on this picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:P You will win solely on this picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its an Australian themed Christmas in the Cheese_Monster household
Its an Australian themed Christmas in the Cheese_Monster household

My Indian family is over so there is a mix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Indian family is over so there is a mix.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you casted a vote for yourself yet? ;P
Reply 12
:colone: former colony mind. :bhangra:

pish poash as the UK said in the last hyp we're after our colonies back :tongue:
Have you casted a vote for yourself yet? ;P

No because that's not fair for the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No because that's not fair for the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you voted for me then? hahaha
So you voted for me then? hahaha

I haven't voted yet but do you know who sounds like a good candidate? RON.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't voted yet but do you know who sounds like a good candidate? RON.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never voted RON yet but i'm sure I will someday!
I've never voted RON yet but i'm sure I will someday!

Well I found him to be a very good candidate. He looks like he's got the potential to do well in the SC :smile:. Well, my votes been cast. Good luck :P.
Well I found him to be a very good candidate. He looks like he's got the potential to do well in the SC :smile:. Well, my votes been cast. Good luck :P.

I'll vote RON next time I think.

Just a memo before the results of this election are revealed, if I lose, i'll leave and never come back.

Joking, i'll be back on straight after :tongue:
12 votes of a possible 192 (give and take the apathetic/inactive/non-filled positions) is still not high enough. Cmon guys, there are more than a hundred views for this page, vote!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending