The Student Room Group

Girlfriend NEVER tells me how she feels...

Been going out with my other half for 6months now. See each other about once a week for a few hours. Problem is she never ever tells me how she feels about me / the relationship and its starting to bug me as ; I dont want to get hurt, want the feelings to be one way, and its nice to hear how someone feels about you from time to time.

From time to time I tell her she makes me happy, and I always enjoy seeing her - but never get anything back.

I dont know what to do...
Reply 1
Bump
Maybe she finds it hard talking about her feelings?
Maybe she's the shy or reserved type?
Reply 4
Some girls like the guys to figure out whats wrong, confusing I know but it happens.
Try asking her gently, tell her you want to hear whatever shes got to say :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
Maybe she's the shy or reserved type?

Yeah she definately is but I dont know a way round it...?
Reply 6
ask her directly? Would be nice if you didn't have to but at least you would know then
I had this problem, eventually the relationship broke down because every time we had an argument she wouldn't explain why she'd done what she did and what she actually felt about our relationship. So I tended to believe she just didn't care as much as I did, and she did things for worse reasons than she perhaps actually did. Even six months later, we're friends now but just had a blazing row about something in our past because she never thought it right to actually tell me how she was feeling or explain her actions.

Some girls are just like this, the only way is to talk about it and try to get her to change because otherwise it just causes problems.
Reply 8
Be blunt about it- hearing you say how much you care about her and enjoy spending time with her should make her feel good, right? Then maybe she would be more likely to talk about her own feelings. Some people aren't naturally romantic, but maybe she would make more of an effort with it if she knows how important it is to you?
It would be a deal breaker for me, if there isnt that openess and closeness then what have you actually got?
Talk to her about it, maybe she is shy, is this her first relationship?
Reply 11
Reassure her, whatever it is your not going anywhere and that your a team
A problem shared is a problem halved (metaphorically anyway).

I had the same problem, but it takes time and with that trust.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she definately is but I dont know a way round it...?

Spend more time with her. Hopefully she'll slowly begin to ease into the relationship, making her comfortable enough to trust and open up to you. Just don't pressure her, these things take time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending