The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sophlaurenn
Where in the tannery are you staying :smile: I'm in block C G02! That's if I accept it seen so many bad things about this place that I'm majorly put off!
The staff in the building may have got their act together by now - it was about 4 years ago. Maybe they have repaired the damaged rooms and replaced their horrible old mattresses by now. I think it is probably one of the oldest of the private halls in Leeds. I recommend not showing up on a Sunday or Bank Holiday, like I did, which means you end up having to live with any problems for at least 24 hours before the normal staff turn up to sort them. I was shown in by a security guard who took ages to arrive, then took ages to find the keys and made comments about them possibly not being available, and when we observed the uncleaned squalor he said "I suggest you get the mop out." Charming. But not nearly as horrible as the Unite people I tried to negotiate a refund from.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
Original post by Sam Lystor
Yeeeeah, Essex (nice part haha) how about you?

Haha nicely put in there the nice part, and I come form about an hour away from Leeds called Haworth.
Reply 42
I'm Central Village block C flat 73... any flatmates or neighbours HELLO?
Reply 43
Original post by Dr Jenny
The staff in the building may have got their act together by now - it was about 4 years ago. Maybe they have repaired the damaged rooms and replaced their horrible old mattresses by now. I think it is probably one of the oldest of the private halls in Leeds. I recommend not showing up on a Sunday or Bank Holiday, like I did, which means you end up having to live with any problems for at least 24 hours before the normal staff turn up to sort them. I was shown in by a security guard who took ages to arrive, then took ages to find the keys and made comments about them possibly not being available, and when we observed the uncleaned squalor he said "I suggest you get the mop out." Charming. But not nearly as horrible as the Unite people I tried to negotiate a refund from.

I was in the Tannery last year (2012/13) and it was nothing like this. The rooms were clean and tidy and my bed was extremely comfortable, to the point where I couldn't get my flatmates out of it. When we reported faults (such as the cooker breaking) it was dealt with quickly and we got a new one within 2/3 days. The only thing I would say is try not to lose your keys as they charge £20 for a replacement and it can take a while to get let in.
Reply 44
Original post by amyc123
I was in the Tannery last year (2012/13) and it was nothing like this. The rooms were clean and tidy and my bed was extremely comfortable, to the point where I couldn't get my flatmates out of it. When we reported faults (such as the cooker breaking) it was dealt with quickly and we got a new one within 2/3 days. The only thing I would say is try not to lose your keys as they charge £20 for a replacement and it can take a while to get let in.

This has made me feel so much better, thank you! Was contemplating swapping for Oxley after hearing some of the Tannery stories.
Reply 45
hi, I got montague burton for my accommodation. I have been reading a lot about how montague burton is in rough area. And people have been telling me not to go out alone at night :s-smilie:. Im kinda worried coz i've already accepted the contract. Can someone tell me if there is any truth in this?
Original post by bs36
hi, I got montague burton for my accommodation. I have been reading a lot about how montague burton is in rough area. And people have been telling me not to go out alone at night :s-smilie:. Im kinda worried coz i've already accepted the contract. Can someone tell me if there is any truth in this?

I was there last year and it's not too bad but if you can, try not to be alone really late at night but I think that's a pretty sensible thing to do anywhere. Just make sure you have your wits about you and don't flash expensive items about as that's more likely to attract the wrong attention.

Other than this, Montague Burton is a great place to live and I hope you enjoy your year there! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hey! I've been put in Oxley block C and wondered if ANYONE else was going there?! On facebook everyone seems to be going to blacks M and J! In particular level 4...... I'm a vegetarian and I was told that that is why I'm going to Oxley instead of where I applied, so if you're also a vegetarian and in block C then I guess we're probably sharing a kitchen for a year!! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by T__
Hey! I've been put in Oxley block C and wondered if ANYONE else was going there?! On facebook everyone seems to be going to blacks M and J! In particular level 4...... I'm a vegetarian and I was told that that is why I'm going to Oxley instead of where I applied, so if you're also a vegetarian and in block C then I guess we're probably sharing a kitchen for a year!! :smile:

I AM! What number are you? I used to be a veggie but gave up shortly before applying for accommodation, so I'm guessing we probably won't be flat mates exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Can't remember my room number exactly but its c4.2 something.. I joined the right group on Facebook and managed to find quite a few block C people
Reply 50
Apparently I'm in D2 now...
Reply 51
Opal 3 anyone :/ wasnt any of my choices and im slightly worried no one else seems to be living there
Reply 52
Original post by Sereni
Opal 3 anyone :/ wasnt any of my choices and im slightly worried no one else seems to be living there

I've been offered opal 3 today, wasn't one of my choices either!
Reply 53
Original post by Sereni

Ive been given opal 3 too! originally applied to henry price but im actually really happy with opal, it looks so nice and its in a great location :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by jmgg
I've been offered opal 3 today, wasn't one of my choices either!

Original post by kate16
Ive been given opal 3 too! originally applied to henry price but im actually really happy with opal, it looks so nice and its in a great location :biggrin:

what flats? on the facebook I havnt seen anyone even on my floor P (312D)
Reply 55
Original post by Sereni
what flats? on the facebook I havnt seen anyone even on my floor P (312D)

Im on floor 16, flat 76, room C :biggrin: are you happy with opal 3 then? :smile:
Reply 56
All my paperwork is in, so I'm officially switched to a studio in Lovell Park! Right across the highway from Opal 3, so you all better keep it pretty lively over there. :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by kate16
Im on floor 16, flat 76, room C :biggrin: are you happy with opal 3 then? :smile:

relatively

I was hoping for one of the cheaper places but I am glad just to have a place
i'm living at lovell park too!
I am hoping to study Law in Leeds this september. I had my heart set on applying for central village acommodation after viewing it last year, however, i've been reading a few comments saying the it is very quiet and unsociable which i don't want for my first year, is this true? if so what other accomodations can you reccomend that are a bit more lively and easier to meet new people (preferably en-suite and double bed)

Quick Reply

Latest