The Student Room Group

Pyramids to be destroyed?

Scroll to see replies

If the Salaftards had their way those pyramids would already be rubble. They know they have little support amongst the non-Salaftard Muslims in Egypt, and would suffer a severe backlash.
I'm sure the civil unrest over the past 2 years has had nothing to do with it...
Reply 82
Original post by GPODT
You're so intelligent compared to Muslims :rollseyes:

They set the bar so high...

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/83423

:rofl:
Original post by sissoko46
The kabaa eventually will be torn down not yet of course but it will be.

I dont think your view is a mainstream islamic one - islam directs muslims to tear down non-islamic monuments, but not the kabaa, which it tells muslims instead to face and pray to.
Reply 84
Original post by Elipsis
Islam has stifled all creativity and scientific endeavor since those tiny advancements i'm afraid. Now all it can do is use it's massive resentment to do things like destroy amazing pyramids built by far superior civilisations.

Calm down the pyramids will remain I think as it requires too much effort to get rid of them. What is so special about a civilization that killed babies at birth and enslaved a whole country to build pyramids? I would personally have more respect for them had they not turned to oppression and forgot about building the pyramids all together. When you have to turn to hurt others to make personal gains is the ultimate failure in a persons life. By the way you seem as though you are harboring a huge grudge towards Islam.
Reply 85
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
I dont think your view is a mainstream islamic one - islam directs muslims to tear down non-islamic monuments, but not the kabaa, which it tells muslims instead to face and pray to.

Well it is taught that an Ethiopian army and its King will one day tear it down during an attack on Arabia.
Reply 86
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Well nobody discussed destroying the other things on my list. You're now putting your words into a different situation, this is all hypothetical. Nobody is actually considering destroying the pyramids, it's being considered less than turning the houses of parliament upside down and creating a swimming pool from the rain water :tongue:

So it's unfair to turn and say 'Your answer is invalid because I'm going to change the question now'.

Even so, the pyramids are the main attraction. Without them there would be a significant reduction in tourism because at the moment they are one big reason to visit Egypt other other countries. If they still have other ancient Egyptian stuff maybe they'll still get more tourism than other countries nearby, but they will still lose out a lot.

Maybe I'm being a bit ignorant in thinking the Pyramids are the main reason to visit Egypt. But here's the thing, most people are ignorant about other countries, far more ignorant than I am. Good luck luring in as many tourists without them.
Reply 87
Original post by Elipsis
They set the bar so high...

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/83423

:rofl:

You are dismissing something just because it doesn't sound right to you. I am pretty sure people in the past said the same thing about other substances with supposed healing properties.
Well it is taught that an Ethiopian army and its King will one day tear it down during an attack on Arabia.

I think there is some obscure islamic writngs saying a bow-legged black man will tear down the kabaa.
but then, why doesnt it say muslims will , or should tear down the pyramids?
Reply 89
Given that in Saudi Arabia the Salafist authorities are busy destroying even relics of Islamic history, structures associated with the Prophet and his family, etc, then it probably is reasonable to at least consider the possibility that this kind of thing may happen in other parts of the Islamic world as they move under the control of Islamic governments. Not saying it will, but it's not completely outlandish.

I actually think a more real and present threat is to the antiquities, including Tutankhamen's treasures, in the Cairo museum - that museum was already attacked during the recent uprisings and I suspect it won't be long before the new government starts talking about the "idols" in the museum. Time to suggest a "tour" of the Tutankhamen relics?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
I think there is some obscure islamic writngs saying a bow-legged black man will tear down the kabaa.
but then, why doesnt it say muslims will , or should tear down the pyramids?

It actually says that the Pharaoh's body will never be destroyed so since the Pharaoh and the Pyramids are connected I am pretty sure they won't try to destroy it in the end.
Reply 91
Original post by Fires
Given that in Saudi Arabia the Salafist authorities are busy destroying even relics of Islamic history, structures associated with the Prophet and his family, etc, then it probably is reasonable to at least consider the possibility that this kind of thing may happen in other parts of the Islamic world as they move under the control of Islamic governments. Not saying it will, but it's not completely outlandish.

I actually think a more real and present threat is to the antiquities, including Tutankhamen's treasures, in the Cairo museum - that museum was already attacked during the recent uprisings and I suspect it won't be long before the new government starts talking about the "idols" in the museum. Time to suggest a "tour" of the Tutankhamen relics?

Indeed. They have already reneged on a lot of promises they made before they got into government. I give it 2 decades before there are no more pyramids, and probably about a decade before they've wiped out the antiquities. We should have stolen them all while we had the chance.
Original post by Democracy
Let's talk about modern history, not the age of empires and fiefdoms where there was no centralised government or radical Islamisation of large sections of the populace. Previous governments and regimes which have controlled Egypt have been secular and/or non-Islamist (whether they were British or Arab). The current regime is an Islamist regime and whilst there is no sign that they wish to destroy the pyramids, it would be foolish to be complacent as it wouldn't be the first time which Islamists have destroyed pre-Islamic history (e.g. the Buddhas of Bamiyan).

but Egypt was controlled by Islamic empires for a 1000 years
Reply 93
Calm down the pyramids will remain I think as it requires too much effort to get rid of them. What is so special about a civilization that killed babies at birth and enslaved a whole country to build pyramids? I would personally have more respect for them had they not turned to oppression and forgot about building the pyramids all together. When you have to turn to hurt others to make personal gains is the ultimate failure in a persons life. By the way you seem as though you are harboring a huge grudge towards Islam.

The Egyptians never killed babies at birth and the Pyramids were not built by slaves.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by IamBeowulf
but Egypt was controlled by Islamic empires for a 1000 years

And they had no practical way of destroying the pyramids until the modern age, western technology isn't that hard to get your hands on so what would of taken tens of thousands of Muslims 50 years to accomplish now would only take a few obese Arabs with an excess of cash a matter of hours.
Original post by Darth Stewie
And they had no practical way of destroying the pyramids until the modern age, western technology isn't that hard to get your hands on so what would of taken tens of thousands of Muslims 50 years to accomplish now would only take a few obese Arabs with an excess of cash a matter of hours.

:facepalm:

that is all
Reply 96
Original post by Martyn*
The Egyptians never killed babies at birth and the Pyramids were not built by slaves.

No it is a fact that it was built by slave and male babies were killed one year and spared the next to prevent too many men to stage an uprising in the future.
Reply 97
Original post by Darth Stewie

Why are you taking credit for Western technology? You had no part to play in it at all. Stop taking credit in the work of individuals that are/were from the west and do something yourself if you want to boast.
Reply 98
No it is a fact that it was built by slave and male babies were killed one year and spared the next to prevent too many men to stage an uprising in the future.

No it is not. Don't believe that Jewish nonsense.
Why are you taking credit for Western technology? You had no part to play in it at all. Stop taking credit in the work of individuals that are/were from the west and do something yourself if you want to boast.

Lack of personal achievements :dontknow: Who knows

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending