The Student Room Group

The Worst Players ever?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Nile Ranger. Five goals in 75 apps is embarrasing for a 'striker'. He's in the wrong trade.
Reply 61
Kleberson. I forgot about him!
Damien Delaney at QPR was shocking. Swear he was hungover for most games.
Surprised that nobody has mentioned Bebe yet
Original post by ScunnyLadAdz
Tomi Ameobi

Ha. At the company that I used to work for, I needed to get in touch with him for some reason. He was a witness to a car accident or something. He just wouldn't pick up the phone. As bad at receiving calls as receiving balls.
Ali Dia. Great scoring record. :yy:
Heskey
Bendtner was awful.

Almunia was bad.

Senderos was bad.

Eboue!! Aaaaaarrrghhh! Eboue!!
Original post by Wattsy
Kleberson. I forgot about him!

He struggled at Man Utd, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

He's done a good job at every other club he's played at throughout his career and started all of the knockout matches in the 2002 world cup, getting an assist in the final.

If you think that he is the worst player ever then you need your head checking out.
Original post by sr90
United have had a fair few shockers over the years. Kleberson, the Djemba twins, Obertan, Taibi, Bosnich, Bebe (Ali Dia of the 21st century), Prunier, Dong, Tosic, Bellion. Veron was a flop considering how much he cost but was hardly in the same league as this lot.

I'll repeat what I've said to somebody else about Kleberson.

"He struggled at Man Utd, but that doesn't make him a bad player.
He's done a good job at every other club he's played at throughout his career and started all of the knockout matches in the 2002 world cup, getting an assist in the final.
If you think that he is the worst player ever then you need your head checking out."

Bosnich - 14 clean sheets in 31 games with 27 goals conceded is awful to you? Sure he made some mistakes and was looked down on because he was having to follow Peter Schmeichel, but he wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Dong - Can you judge him on his ability when he only played once for United? Also, I don't think it's fair to include him in this because he's been OK for some other clubs, he just wasn't good enough for United and was signed purely as a publicity stunt.

Tosic - You couldn't be more wrong here. He's been fantastic for CSKA Moscow since leaving United, and the fact that he left was because he was angry he wasn't playing enough, not because he was a bad player.

I do agree on the others though, except for Veron who was an absolutely amazing player for the rest of his career, but who was just unable to adapt to the English league.
Reply 70
Totally forgot about Richard Wright! The most over-hyped piece of **** ever.
Original post by anti-duck
Totally forgot about Richard Wright! The most over-hyped piece of **** ever.

Amazing that he's at Man City.
Reply 72
Original post by tomclarky
Amazing that he's at Man City.

Yeah, 3rd choice :biggrin:
Reply 73
James Collins.

The reason why he starts every week for a Premier League side is beyond me.
Reply 74
I don't know about the worst field player, but the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen is this bloke:

[video="youtube;kblggI1wexY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kblggI1wexY[/video]

This guy was by far the worst goalkeeper I've seen in my life and this not beeing his only blunder.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by muffingg
I don't know about the worst field player, but the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen is this bloke:

[video="youtube;kblggI1wexY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kblggI1wexY[/video]

This guy was by far the worst goalkeeper I've seen in my life and this not beeing his only blunder.

And the best part is that he's now a goalkeeping coach for the Bosnia and Herzegovina national team :confused:
Reply 76
Kleberson...
Actually scrap that.

Fabianski.
(edited 11 years ago)
My idea of the worst player - Drewe Broughton. Former Franchise Player. Doesn't score goals very often and has no talent what so ever.

In his 459 games (since 1996) - he has scored just 83 goals.
Reply 78
Original post by Guills on wheels
Bendtner was awful.

Almunia was bad.

Senderos was bad.

Eboue!! Aaaaaarrrghhh! Eboue!!

Eboue? Are you kidding? He had the odd shocker where he'd actually help the other team but in general he wasn't that bad. He had a lot of swag also.

Almunia probably cost us the title one of those seasons.

Bendtner was bad but he was actually a bit better than Giroud, Chamakh I think.
Jermaine Wright Southampton's right back. Thanks to him we nearly got relegated to league 1!

N.B. we eventually did get relegated but the year we didn't it was his fault that we nearly did.

Quick Reply

Latest