The Student Room Group

going on hoilday to help relationship

anon to protect my gfs privacy

during the second and third biggest fights of our relationship we have had a weekend away or holiday booked. We went on them as planned and I honestly came back feeling alot better about the fights.

We have had the biggest one yet recently, would it be a good idea to plan a hoilday now for say jan and see if it helps?
Reply 1
If you have had "the biggest fight yet" and you are past it

Why would a holiday be needed

If the fight is ongoing ... either resolve it or split
Bloody hell, if you can afford a holiday every time you get into a fight, why don't you just buy a better girlfriend?
Reply 3
That's like stuffing your face with food each time you feel bad about something. You'll forget about the problems, but damn you are going to get fat!
Reply 4
Surely you're just avoiding the underlying problem and it's only a temporary solution. Probably why you've had more fights.
Reply 5
the hoildays were booked then the fights happened

they are all separate things so its not a ongoing issue

we normally talk about the issue on hoilday and its resolved then
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

we normally talk about the issue on hoilday and its resolved then

Can't you just talk about them at home? Do you need to be on a beach or something? :s-smilie:
It's not really a normal thing to do when couples argue.
Everytime you have big fall outs you go away on mini breaks...I get the idea of this though but it's not a long term solution, you need to ask yourself; is the relationship working...in reality is the relationship going to last...

I was thinking about taking my ex on holiday to kind of smooth things over and have a possibility again but then I realised it probably wouldn't last anyway and too much has happened for it to go back the way it was. Completely different situation to yours obviously. Sometimes you just have to give up on people. Chasing after them is a heartache, especially when they don’t try to meet you half way.

I don't think you should take her on holiday. You can't always be doing that...
Maybe you should leave the reigns to her, sit back and see how much SHE is willing to fight for the relationship, after all, it is a two way thing!
Reply 8
Original post by sunflower404
It's not really a normal thing to do when couples argue.
Everytime you have big fall outs you go away on mini breaks...I get the idea of this though but it's not a long term solution, you need to ask yourself; is the relationship working...in reality is the relationship going to last...

I was thinking about taking my ex on holiday to kind of smooth things over and have a possibility again but then I realised it probably wouldn't last anyway and too much has happened for it to go back the way it was. Completely different situation to yours obviously. Sometimes you just have to give up on people. Chasing after them is a heartache, especially when they don’t try to meet you half way.

I don't think you should take her on holiday. You can't always be doing that...
Maybe you should leave the reigns to her, sit back and see how much SHE is willing to fight for the relationship, after all, it is a two way thing!

I dont plan the breaks around the fights. We plan them, have the fight but then go anyway. I dont book it after the fight.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I dont plan the breaks around the fights. We plan them, have the fight but then go anyway. I dont book it after the fight.

Yes, love, we understand that. What everyone is trying to say is that it is not a good idea to now start booking holidays as a way of dealing with your issues, as opposed to your last few fights which just happen to occur around your holidays. Don't do it. Deal with it properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending