The Student Room Group

Child Nursing applicants 2013 :)

Hi everyone :smile:
Just starting a thread for all you aspiring Children's Nurses, so we can discuss our interviews together and hopefully make some new friends before our courses begin in September/March!
My name is Abbie, and so far I've got interviews from Northumbria, Coventry and Huddersfield which will all take place early next year. My other two choices (Hull and Sheffield Hallam) have acknowledged my application, however they don't look at applications until January, so it's all just a waiting game really!
How's everyone else's applications going? Anybody applied to the same University's as me?

Let me know!
xxxxxx :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! :smile: I've got an interview at Northumbria on the 10th of January for Child Nursing.. Is your interview on the same day? I've also applied for Sheffield Hallam,Nottingham and Leeds which I also have an interview for! xx
Reply 2
Hi :smile: awh cool! no my interview is on the 29th of January :/ will you be able to tell me what you had to do for the interview after you've had it though? and is Northumbria your first choice? :smile: it would be fab if we both got in! i've applied for Sheffield Hallam too, but they told me they don't look at their applications until January :smile: xxxx
Reply 3
Hiya,

Anyone applying to the London Uni's?

I have offers from Southbank, Kings and Greenwich and interviews at Middlesex and West London in me to few months.

Good Luck with your interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I have had an interview at kings but didn't get an offer due to failing the numeracy test, I have interviews with lsbu on the 11th and Greenwich on the 15th and I'm waiting to hear from Canterbury Christchurch. :smile:
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Emmy101;40817587"]Hiya,

I have offers from Southbank, Kings and Greenwich and interviews at Middlesex and West London in me to few months.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
Hi can u tell me if u were asked about current issues in children's nursing at your lsbu interview and what type of questions were u asked at Greenwich.
Many thanks :smile:
Original post by Emmy101
Hiya,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya!
Im going to selection days at Greenwich on 14th and Kings 16th of this month, for Childrens Nursing.
Just trying to read up as much as possible! Ive also applied to LSBU, how did you find the interview there?
Good luck with your other ones :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ChloeBeth-22
Hiya!
Im going to selection days at Greenwich on 14th and Kings 16th of this month, for Childrens Nursing.
Just trying to read up as much as possible! Ive also applied to LSBU, how did you find the interview there?
Good luck with your other ones :smile:

Thank you and Good Luck with Kings and Greenwich- sounds like we had identical UCAS forms! Lol.

I found LSBU interview so nice. They were all so lovely and stressed it was as much them be right for you than you being right for them. Tests were as expected and interview was really chatty and informal- they made me feel really at home. I loved it there :smile:

Emma x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I have applied for Canterbury Christ church, Greenwich, City and Kingston. My college only just sent my UCAS so still waiting to hear. Really nervous about interviews x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi,

I have applied for Child Nursing, September 2013. I have had interviews and offers at Anglia Ruskin, BCU and DMU. So now it is decision time!
Reply 10
Hi,

Ive applied for child nursing at Anglia Ruskin, Greenwich, kings, LSBU, and city. Got an interview (10th jan) at anglia Ruskin and a selection day at Greenwich (14th jan). Had an unsuccessful from kings due to the competitiveness and not heard from the other two!
Reply 11
Not entirely sure what my first choice is yet but I do live in Newcastle so Northumbria is looking good aswell as Leeds. I will let you know what comes up in my interview.. Just going to look over current issues etc and hope for the best :smile: xx
Reply 12
Anyone applying to bournemouth or Plymouth ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi i have applied for child nursing at plymouth got interview on 5th feb how about you ?
Reply 14
Hi I have an interview on the 18 th jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahPye
Hi,

Ive applied for child nursing at Anglia Ruskin, Greenwich, kings, LSBU, and city. Got an interview (10th jan) at anglia Ruskin and a selection day at Greenwich (14th jan). Had an unsuccessful from kings due to the competitiveness and not heard from the other two!

Im at the Greenwich selection day also!
what sort of topics have you been reading up on? Im excited!
x:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by ChloeBeth-22
Im at the Greenwich selection day also!
what sort of topics have you been reading up on? Im excited!
x:smile:

Really? I've found someone then haha! I am really struggling on the topics stuff! What have you been reading up?
Reply 17
Original post by laurab132
Hi,

I have applied for Child Nursing, September 2013. I have had interviews and offers at Anglia Ruskin, BCU and DMU. So now it is decision time!

HI, did you get an offer from Anglia Ruskin aleady? when was your interview? my daughters was on the 19.12 and she still didnt hear from them
Reply 18
Has anyone got an interview at anglia Ruskin tomorrow?
Reply 19
Just got an email from Hull University saying I have an interview for child nursing in march! anyone else applied for child nursing at Hull? :redface:

xxxxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending